In Stitches

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Additional Flat Fold Info

Ann asked: I have one question on the flat fold. I understand that you glue the cord around the front flap and tie the loose ends with a bow? How do you go for the back flap? Is it the same cord?

The bow is just for added effect, you could trim the cord and glue the ends down if you desired. The cording on the back side is attached in the same manner as the front. I started with a separate piece of cording and glued the end down then wrapped it around the outside edge and glued the other side in place.

One thing I strongly suggest would be to use ribbon between the front and back to keep the project from collapsing. Ribbon is more easily attached w/ glue. I had a devil of a time attching the piece of cording, but I didn't have ribbon, so I improvised.

I'm glad you all are finding this project explanation helpful, let me know if you have more questions.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home