In Stitches

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween Update!

I hope everyone is having a Happy Halloween! I got a lot done this weekend, made two pillows, loaded software onto our new computer and even found time to go shopping. ;) Below are pics of the white pumpkin project that I made into a pillow. This is the first "flanged" pillow I've ever made or a "ravioli" pillow as I like to call them. ;) I think it turned out great, but the outer flanges were a lot bigger than I would like, which makes it a bit floppy. But since I did this w/out a pattern and it's my first attempt I think it's pretty great. :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is the back of the pillow, I love this fabric. I got it on sale and bought enough so I could use it again next year. :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is the second pillow I made. It has "devil" trim on it, in other words I had a devil of a time with attaching the trim. I had a heck of a time sewing this trim as it was WAY too thick for my sewing maching. But I managed to get it attached and all in all it looks pretty good. This is a project I made for the 4th of July but since I was moving then I never got it finished up. It makes a cute pillow and the "devil" fringe is a nice touch. :)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is the back of the pillow, very patriotic! ;) If you want to see larger versions of these pillows, go to my gallery and you can click smaller pics of the pics to see larger versions.

http://institches.zap3x.com/mystitching/2005completed.html


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is a freebie pattern that my LNS lady gave to me I made this as a Xmas gift for someone. It only took a few hours to complete, even w/ the specialty stitches.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And lastly I leave you with a pic of my "trying to be spooky" cat! Greg took this yesterday, he calls it "Cat Behind Bars" LOL I couldn't believe that Jesse just sat there and let him take her picture, she must've been in a photogenic
mood. ;)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

4 comment(s):

Great finishes. Indeed you did a lot this weekend. The backing fabric of your patriotric pillow gives a delusional 3D-effect. Very original. Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/31/2005 12:13 PM  

Oh, oh, oh - those are some wonderful and inspiring finishes you've posted. Your white pumpkin is simply inspired. You've made a believer of me, through-and-through. :-)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 10/31/2005 3:16 PM  

Great finishes, Kim! This is the aspect I like least in x-stitch (implies sewing, yuck!). Thanks for your encouragements on my blog!
I love your cat, she looks so cute behind these bars... Don't you think that being loved by a cat is a true compliment indeed?! (reminds me of someone...).
One thing is sure: to me, a cat in a room is the most beautiful "decoration" you can look at...
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/01/2005 10:20 AM  

Hi Kim and Greg!
I just want to say how impressed I am with your finishes! I have just browsed through your gallery and this was a great start for today! (it's 8 am here). Kim, you are very lucky to share your passion for xstitch with Greg... and vice versa... Your designs are so well chosen! Could you tell me where I could find them online? Those Bent Creek, Mosey and Me... I'm afraid I couldn't find them here in French shops. I think I'll be dreaming all day...
Thanks for sharing!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/02/2005 1:15 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home