In Stitches

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fall Air

Have you ever noticed that each season has it's own distinct smell? Winter is hints of pine and wood smoke, Spring is flowers and wet soil, Summer is fresh cut grass and barbeques and Fall is falling leaves and apples and cinnamon... Lately the air is just heavy w/ the smell of dead leaves, which of itself sounds unpleasant, but it's not it's a warm swirl of headiness that no other season captures. I love Fall, I love all the seasons....but Fall has those warm but not too warm days, perfect for walking and crunching leaves and crisp clear skies that make me want to spend all my time outside. :)

I am making good progress on the Cat Sampler. It's an easy stitch and so adorable. Here's an update:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Lili: You are right Bent Creek is one of my favorite designers, along with Heart in Hand, Birds of a Feather and Mosey and Me. I tend to purchase my patterns online mostly from Ebay, sometimes through an auction, but I also like the Ebay Stores since you can "buy it now". The prices are usually better than any LNS even with shipping. The other place I have bought from is Stitching Bits and Bobs Of course this is a U.S. store, so I'm not sure about the shipping, etc. I did notice that Sew and So in the UK offers Bent Creek - I hope this is helpful. :)

2 comment(s):

Thank you so much, Kim! I will try all these! I've been dreaming of all your gorgeous finishes and stash all day!!!... Here, autumn is starting, and after what you would call an "Indian summer", we had our first almost cold, very rainy day... The sun never rose... I so agree with your description of seasons' smell! Sometimes, we're not close enough to nature, so it's a great idea to remind us of these simple, yet great feelings! Thanks for sharing, Kim!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/02/2005 1:38 PM  

Funny, the other day I said "starts to smell like winter", Meaning cold and dry... but now it's more like England is a tropical island !

Stitching bits and bobs are good for Europe too, I've ordered from them already. Only problem was they waited for a backordered pattern to arrive before shipping the whole thing !

Sew and So I use regularly, but they are more expensive than Sew Discounted, and A stitch online, or the black sheep.

If you want to buy an american pattern, Sew and so have an easy currency conversion: 1 dollar = 1 pound. So you do the math, and buy at stitching bits and bobs instead, even with the expensive shipping fees (an american tradition?), it's cheaper there.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/03/2005 5:44 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home