In Stitches

Monday, November 07, 2005

Non-Foaming Kitty

Thanks for all the comments about the "foaming" kitty post. LOL Apparently the rabies shots worked and now she's looking better. LOL, LOL I finished it this weekend and it is very cute, if I do say so. :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The wiskers and nose helped tame the foaming at the mouth effect and now she's just sweet ginger kitty. I am finishing this into a flat fold, which I did yesterday, but it's not quite complete yet. I have to re-purchase the trim for it. The stuff I got was WAY too thick...ah well live and learn. I got the cutest fabric for it and if you are a cat lover get ready to be "wow'd" ;)

I have to say though that I'm becoming less and less enamored of the flat fold finish. It's just not my cup of tea. It's not difficult to do, but I just don't care for the end results. I think I will stick w/ cubes or pillows or wall hangings, etc.

I am now in the Xmas phase of stitching! I started Bent Creek's Happy Xmas on Saturday and it's a fast stitch. I am using fabric that has silver threads shot through it so it's very pretty in real life, although hard to see in pics. I should have it finished in no time and I think I am going to try "sewing" a cube and possibly make it look like a present. We will see...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I got all my Thanksgiving decorations out yesterday, but I'm a bit disappointed as there isn't as much as Halloween and I'm sorta bummed that it's all over. Christmas will be here before you know it... These holidays just FLY by and it's fun, but a bit sad at times. I want to just SLOW down and enjoy each and every day. :)

5 comment(s):

Oh it's so cute! Congratulations on that lovely finish!

I love the idea that we were both stitching an ornament on silver-flecked aida this weekend :o)

I know what you mean about holidays... We anticipate, anticipate, anticipate, and then swish! it's gone already...

Have a great week and thank you for the sweet messages last week! :o)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 11/07/2005 1:30 PM  

Oh, your kitty came out very sweet. Have you seen the Little House Needleworks design called cat house? (or something like that?) There is a dog house, too. What a pair.

By Blogger Lelia, at 11/07/2005 2:52 PM  

I sure can relate to wanting to slow down and enjoy each day a bit more before it passes into the next! You'll have to take some pictures of your Halloween decorations - I'm nosey!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/07/2005 4:30 PM  

Congrats on the finish...it is so adorable. The Bent Creek is going to be so pretty on that fabric.
Happy Stitching,
Annette

By Blogger My Life In Stitches, at 11/07/2005 7:12 PM  

She is such a perfect kitty, so nice looking, you want to hug her... Well done, Kim!
What is it that you call "flat fold"? Any pic or link so I can figure it out?
My computer problems are over: DH came back home yesterday evening with a brand new one. I'm delighted with how fast it works, the width of the screen...
A new era is beginning! Yeah!
Love this Christmas tree, it is so... Bent Creek! Oh my! I am so infatuated to these US designs, now!
As Thanksgiving is not part of our tradition, I have difficulties to imagine what the decorations look like. Turkeys? and what else? Pioneers?
Holidays are always too short... Christmas is the next stage for us, it's a chance we have this celebration to brighten the end of the year, short days and long nights and asleep nature...
Hugs from France!
Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/08/2005 2:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home