In Stitches

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Happy Merry Thanksgiving Xmas Day

LOL This time of year it's can get quite confusing as to what holiday we are celebrating in the USA. It's officially turkey day month (Thanksgiving), but everywhere you go all you see are Xmas decorations, advertisements and Santas waiting for the kiddies. Now don't get me wrong I like Xmas, love the decorations and Santas...but starting to celebrate it BEFORE Halloween is just not right. ;) Poor Greg has been so over commercialized by Xmas that I have a hard time getting him to even want to celebrate it. I try to explain that it doesn't have to be about shopping and gift giving, but he doesn't seem convinced especially when we went to Walmart the other night and saw this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Doesn't look bad does it...till you realize that it's at least 8 or 9 feet tall! I thought it was kind of kewl, you attach a blower and it blows fake snow around in it just like a real snow globe, but Greg was horrified and told me not to get any ideas... LOL Anyhoo for those of you who asked about my Thanksgiving decorations, go here to have a look: Thanksgiving

Here's another pic of Happy Xmas, I should be done but got to doing other things.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Greg is making good progress on his lilies, but is going to have to stop to do some Xmas presents:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Thanks again to all of you who stop by and leave comments, I greatly appreciate it! :)

6 comment(s):

Hi Kim,
I took a look at your thanksgiving stuff, it's great! you have decorated your home with lovely things, it's amazing to think we don't have anything like that.
I got two new snowmen today! a bit early too, but funny.
we have the same discussions here about 'sinterklaas' (dec. 5th) and christmas. I think we'll discuss it every year...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/09/2005 10:15 AM  

You have lots (& lots) of turkey day decorations! It looks so FUN - I want to come over!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/09/2005 12:04 PM  

When I see your thanksgiving decorations, I wish we also had a turkey day! Well, here, turkeys are for Christmas...
Your home is very well decorated, it's all very warm and comfy, with a touch of humour with those fun turkeys. I particularly appreciated the frames on the walls and the pilgrims holding a basket... Now, I need to take another longer look. I did first with my DH, Laurent, who appreciated as much as I did!
Thank you very very much for sharing, Kim and Greg!
Hugs from France!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/09/2005 2:29 PM  

PS: Your Thanksgiving pics made me forget that I wanted to congratulate Greg on his wonderful work on the Lillies! So, well done Greg!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/09/2005 2:30 PM  

I love that Bent Creek--is it an ornament?

By Blogger Anna van Schurman, at 11/10/2005 2:16 PM  

Your home looks so pretty for Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed looking at the photos. We saw one of those huge snowglobe decorations at Sears that has Snoopy inside. The yard decorations just seem to get bigger each year.

By Blogger Chris, at 11/10/2005 10:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home