In Stitches

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

We're All Mad Here

The world is a crazy place, but fortunately we have each other for company. :D

Before I show my latest update I thought I'd throw out a challenge for those that are interested! I was having my cup o' tea the other morning and was thinking how we are all such unique and distinct individuals. We all have our favorite things that define a bit of who we are and I wanted to share with you the cup that I have my tea in each morning. If you are so inclined, show us YOUR morning cup or your favorite cup. Here's one of mine:

Image hosting by Photobucket


And before you ask, yes I have a fondness for chicken related items. I used to collect loads of chicken related stuff, before I became overwhelmed and overrun. :D

Now onto my update:

Image hosting by Photobucket


I am about 50% done with this project! Yippee! And last night I even managed to finish up most of the cat, but didn't have my camera for another pic. I love how this is going and I can honestly say I will be sad when it's done. I probably could've finished most of it by now, but find myself taking my time just so I can enjoy it. LOL This will be one project that I will always treasure. :D

The weather here is turning spring like, a bit warmer with rain predicted for today. But if it doesn't warm up a bit more it will more likely be light snow. ;)

I just read on the news that Dana Reeves has died from agressive lung cancer. She was 44. If you don't know who her, she was the wife of Christopher Reeves (aka Superman). She was such an inspiration to me, seeing how she stayed with him so lovingly during his illness. I remember when she announced she had lung cancer and I thought it was such a twisted irony, but had hopes that she would be treated and live many long years. I suppose her destiny was to join her husband. I don't know if I believe in an afterlife, but in this case I fervently hope that they are together and happy.

19 comment(s):

Your WIP is looking great...I can imagien why your enjoying it so much. It looks like a fun project to stitch.
So sad to hear about Dana Reeves, I too admired her, she seemed like a very courageous person

By Blogger Carol, at 3/07/2006 10:16 AM  

Christopher, and now Dana Reeves. Such a sad sad story. I wonder why or how fate can crush people like that. In our catholic civilization, such fates happen because people deserve it. Same with Musmlims. Understand why I can't be a believer?!
Your Alice is absolutely stunning, and I love reading that you cherish this project. This just makes my day!
Keep enjoying, Kim!

By Blogger Leeland, at 3/07/2006 10:25 AM  

Hi Kim
I get my morning tea every morning in bed in a glass! Isn't that a disapppointment? Absolutely no creativity here...
Your Alice is growing like crazy. I must say I hardly remember the story, while it's so wellknown. I should reread it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/07/2006 2:42 PM  

My all-time favorite cup was a hand-thrown one that I'd bought as a gift but couldn't give up. It was weird looking (ugly, some said) but it fit my hand perfectly and I loved it. It broke years ago and I'm still looking for a replacement.

Your Alice is looking so great!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 3/07/2006 4:32 PM  

Your piece is looking wonderful!

By Blogger Dawn T., at 3/07/2006 5:31 PM  

I love your latest post on progress~! CUTE!

By Blogger BeckySC, at 3/07/2006 5:49 PM  

Cute chicken!! Your WIP is so interesting to look at.

Thankx for your comment on my blog about the vintage samplers being taken apart. When I read about it on Sharon's blog, I was so surprised. I cannot imagine anything like that.

By Blogger Lelia, at 3/07/2006 6:26 PM  

Hi Kim, I love your idea about taking a picture of our coffee/tea mug - I will take a picture of mine this weekend and post it on my blog!
I woke up early this morning and on the radio they were doing a tribute to Dana Reeves, what an amazing lady and what a very very sad end to her life, after nursing Christopher for 10 years since his riding accident. I was touched beyond belief and I must say that our thoughts and prayers must surely now rest with their 13 year old son.... Hugs Ali xxx

By Blogger Alison, at 3/08/2006 3:03 AM  

Oooooh! What a great idea, to take a piccie of your fave mug! I love mugs. Can't have enough mugs. Mine are always animal-related too. I'll take a picture of my favourites.
Your Alice is wonderful, Kim. I can imagine this is a great piece to work on.

By Blogger Annemarie, at 3/08/2006 3:37 AM  

You WIP is looking great Kim! I love your mug as well. Mine is a hoot, I'll be sure to get a photo of it up this evening :)

By Blogger Kali, at 3/08/2006 10:00 AM  

Alice is coming along quickly! I love this project. Are you going to do another in the series or just this one?
With Mrs.Reeves passing, my thoughts go out to thier children. They've lost both parents in such a short span of time. What they must be going through.

By Blogger Bastet, at 3/08/2006 7:03 PM  

i like the mug, and your alice project is gorgeous, take care and happy stitching

By Blogger siouxsiesweets, at 3/09/2006 3:54 AM  

Kim, your mug is excellent!! And your WIP is coming along very nicely :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 3/09/2006 12:06 PM  

great mug and Alice is coming along nicely.

By Blogger Shell, at 3/10/2006 6:43 AM  

Great job on Alice, Kim! You are really coming along. Yes, I was saddened to read about Dana's death earlier this week. It's a shame, but I hope that she and her husband are now reunited, as well. Talk about what a caregiver she was! I admire her strength.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/10/2006 4:24 PM  

good if it wishes to see my cup I leave commentary him, hers she is very beautiful,
http://nelapx.blogspot.com/

By Blogger nela, at 3/10/2006 8:51 PM  

What a great challenge - your chicken collection sounds like my duck one ... except I've still got room for many many more LOLOL. Your Alice WIP is motoring along - it looks awesome! :D OK, off to pick a mug now ...

By Blogger Anne S, at 3/11/2006 2:56 PM  

Today I have placed my cup of weekend, in my house

By Blogger nela, at 3/12/2006 10:32 AM  

Kim: I finally got around to your challenge. Was difficult as I don't really have a favorite morning cup!! Chow

By Blogger Lelia, at 3/20/2006 10:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home