In Stitches

Friday, February 10, 2006

Begin at the Beginning

and Go On Till You Come to the End: Then Stop. - Alice In Wonderland

Wow is it Friday already? I have had a busy week...I've been taking some classes for work and have been out of the office a lot. I even forgot to take my camera home with me and so I don't have my finished picture of "What Is Home". Ah well, on Monday then. I do have the last update picture, which I never got posted.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I am glad to be done with this and will be happy to see it framed and on it's way. ;) It's a nice pattern, but just not to my tastes. I decided not to backstitch the rose, but instead filled in the middle with some darker stitches which I think accents it nicely. You should be able to see it in the next picture.

And now in case you are wondering why I am quoting Alice in Wonderland, my next project:

Image hosting by Photobucket

This pattern is from Lynne Nicoletti I absolutely love her patterns, and she has some stunning ones. I stitched her Oak Island Pirate map last year and it was quite a difficult stitch. This one should be much simpler. I started last night and it's going fairly quickly already. I am using a pretty light lavender 14 ct aida that I purchased some time ago for this project. It is looking great so far! Funnily enough I thought that I had (at some point) purchased all the threads I needed for this project, NOPE. I'm missing about half. LOL So off I go for floss. The colors in this are so pretty and not at all what I had expected. For example I thought that the "A" was black, it's not, it's a very dark purple. So I'm excited to get on with this one. I have a very special frame for this that Greg designed and his dad made for me. :D You can see it in the gallery if you like, under current projects.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend! Happy stitching!

11 comment(s):

Oh my! Alice in Wonderland has always been my favourite "fairy tale"! I will really enjoy watching it grow! It's a stunning design! Not to mention the frame! I'm in love!
Glad for you that you finished your mom's project. It looks beautiful, and -from far- the rose looks great with its darker shades!
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 2/10/2006 11:47 AM  

Congratulations on the finish! That's a big deal. And the new project is neat-o! Thanks for introducing me to Lynne's designs; I LOVE Thimbelina!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/10/2006 12:11 PM  

Kim, I have almost bought this and her Velveteen Rabbit chart about a hundred times. I can't wait to see your progress pics on it!

I'm happy for you that your mom's project is finished. Congratulations!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 2/10/2006 12:52 PM  

This is my favorite Nicoletti design. I look forward to your progress reports!

By Blogger Anna van Schurman, at 2/10/2006 1:43 PM  

Yay! Congrats on your finish! Your mom will be very happy with it, I'm sure. :D

By Blogger Von, at 2/10/2006 4:23 PM  

Happy dancing for your mother's piece being finished! Great job, Kim. You do such nice work, AND I love the Lynn Nicoletti design! Her ideas in design are simply awesome. What an artist she is! Don'tcha just hate when you don't have all the supplies and think you do???

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 2/10/2006 9:19 PM  

Congrats on the finish! Lynn's Alice is going to be a joy to watch you stitch up.

By Blogger Bastet, at 2/10/2006 11:14 PM  

Congrats Kim!! I can't wait to share your journey to Wonderland!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 2/11/2006 9:22 AM  

great finish Kim,i'm sure your Mum is going to love it.Alice looks a really interesting project,her designs are a nice change.The needlework and knitting fairys are going on my wish list.

By Blogger Shell, at 2/11/2006 11:08 AM  

Hey Kim, I think your finished piece looks lovely, including the rose! I really admire your dedication to get this project finished, even though you didn't like it that much. No danger of that happening with the Alice In Wonderland chart!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 2/13/2006 4:36 AM  

That Alice in Wonderland piece is one of my wishlist items! I just love it. I look forward to seeing your progress on it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home