In Stitches

Monday, February 06, 2006

So How Was Your Weekend?

Mine was great! Got to see my nieces (5 and 4) did some shopping, washed some laundry. And spent yesterday afternoon watching Stephen King's "The Stand" on dvd. 6 hours, that's right 6 hours...maybe it was longer...my brain is fried I can't remember. LOL But hey, while sitting isn't so great for my gluteus maximus, it does help get a bunch of stitching done. I never realized how long backstitching can take. I finished the "r" in no time, but that green is what I spent the rest of the time on, between scenes of dead flu victims. Can I just say that this movie originally scared the bejeezus out of me (too many dead bodies) and this time around it was bad, but on a more personal level...can we say "Asian Flu". Nuff said. And hey it was great to reminisce, I lived in Salt Lake City when this movie was made. And massive chunks of it were filmed right down the street from where I worked. I remember seeing the movie trucks driving to work many a day. Anyhow, I hope to be done w/ the rest of the green over the "home" portion and then I will be finished. Thank goodness. This one is fast losing my interest. ;)

8 comment(s):

I have stitched a frog yesterday and the backstitching took way more time than I had planned! I wanted to get on with some other project, so then it's double frustrating. But as always: I liked the effect of the bs.
You're almost done now, so that's great!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/06/2006 3:05 PM  

Backstitching ... just the thought of it makes me groan. But boy, does it make a design pop out. Your "Home" project is looking fantastic!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 2/06/2006 3:32 PM  

Usually, I love to backstitch, but with green.... bleuah. Keep up the good work, though, because it does look stunning!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 2/06/2006 4:04 PM  

You may be sick of it, Kim, but it is looking beautiful! You'll be done in no time. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/06/2006 5:09 PM  

oh god.. i dislike BS with a passion LOL.

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 2/06/2006 11:00 PM  

It looks great, Kim! Have a great week! :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 2/07/2006 4:25 AM  

Harsha said it wonderfully: I dislike backstitch with passion as well... but Barbara is also true: it pops up the design...
Have you finally decided to add bs to the rose?
Got your mail: what would be home without me? It wouldn't be my home... I have printed it: I feel like having my DH read it (just feel like having, not will have)...
Lots of hugs and encouragements to finish this labour of love...
Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 2/07/2006 1:33 PM  

Back-stitching is a royal pain in the tokus. But it's usually worth it in the long run. The sampler is looking wonderful.

By Blogger Bastet, at 2/07/2006 10:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home