In Stitches

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Springy Thoughts

Haven't been around much as I have had the same nasty cold that so many people have. Am just getting over it. We also had a 3 day weekend thanks to Martin Luther King day.

I seem to be somewhat confused as to the time of year... I have my Valentines Day stuff out already (plus a nice Ground Hog stitch I did last year). And I just finished Peter's Cotton Knits. But it's the PCK that's got me in a tizzy. It's so SPRINGY! LOL

I keep looking at it and thinking "well Easter is just around the corner" but IT'S NOT. This is still January, HELLO January. LOL, LOL

I think it's just wishful thinking on my part. It's nice to get things done way ahead of the holidays, but sometimes it throws me off. It also doesn't help that this is one of the warmest January's to date. I have this sneaking suspicion that February is just going to freeze our butts to the ground. ;p

Here is what I worked on this weekend. The colors are a bit off, but you can get the idea. I just love these two fabrics.

I put the cutest kite button up in the tree. I just loved this button when I saw it and knew it would go great with this project.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also started a new project for my mom. It's based on an antique project that says "What is Home without a Mother" I am trying to make it look like the antique one, hopefully it will look nice when finished. It is a huge project that will fit into a 12"x24" frame when complete.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here's hoping that the rest of the week goes off without a hitch. ;)

19 comment(s):

Okay, Kim, that Easter pillow is just the cutest thing I've seen. It is adorable!!!
Your mom's project is also off to a great start. Love the colors!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 1/17/2006 4:28 PM  

AWESOME pillow Kim! Congratulations!!

By Blogger Carol, at 1/17/2006 4:55 PM  

Peter's Cotton Knits looks FABULOUS! You did such a great job, and you're right, the kit button goes perfectly with the design. Congratulations on the finish!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/17/2006 5:49 PM  

The pillow is so cute! The kite looks like it belonged there all along. So far the project for your mother is looking good.
As for February freezing our butts to the ground....if the past few years are to be examples..and the high winds we've been getting here...it may take our butts and try to knock us over and see what else sticks.

By Blogger Bastet, at 1/17/2006 9:09 PM  

Hi Kim! That pillow just brought a blast of spring into my house! Great project!
I'm sure the antique-looking project will be very cool - will look for more progress :)

By Blogger Von, at 1/17/2006 9:33 PM  

glad you're feeling better.
it's frustrating you have stitched so much already! I haven't been able to do much and a HD is not in my near future.... ;)
your peter's line is great, but you're right: it's not easter yet...
enjoy the cold!!! brrrr (when it comes of course)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2006 3:17 AM  

great cushion, the fabric matches it so well.Cute buttons too.

By Blogger Shell, at 1/18/2006 3:34 AM  

Good finish and the project for your Mom looks great already. Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2006 6:30 AM  

Wow Kim, your PCK finish is awesome! Great to read you again :D

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 1/18/2006 7:13 AM  

What I love about your pillow is that it is full of happy colours, bright and cheerful - very suitable for Easter. Nice one!

I also love the start of your Antique style stitching - like you, I adore all those lovely "old fashioned" styles - and great for Mum! On my blog I have a picture of my Wedding Sampler and the colours are almost identical to yours ... Snap! ;-D

Happy Stitching!

By Blogger Alison, at 1/18/2006 8:32 AM  

Wow! Peter's Cotton Knits looks beautiful. The fabric you used to make the pillow is perfect.
happy stitching,
Annette

By Blogger My Life In Stitches, at 1/18/2006 9:08 AM  

Your pillow is gorgeous! I hope you get rid of that darn cold bug, just don't send it my way. :)

By Blogger Dawn T., at 1/18/2006 1:46 PM  

Kim, the pillow is the cutest possible way you could have used that darling design, and it looks from my vantage point that the colors are dead-on. Perfect. I like it, and it'll look so funky, springy, lively in your eclectic decor, which I LOVE. Wonderful job!

Lose the cold quickly!

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 1/18/2006 10:57 PM  

Oh, I forgot to tell what is so special about Gingher scissors, lol. I don't know about now, but they were originally made in Germany, are an old company, and are the Cadillac of scissors. Now, they have these limited editions, which is why I started collecting them, but I can't afford the prices on the earlier ones.

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 1/18/2006 11:01 PM  

Ohhhh your pillow is so cute!

By Blogger Jenn, at 1/19/2006 9:30 AM  

Congrats on finishing PCK! You did a wonderful job on it.

We've also had an unusually warm January-- and I agree that February is probably going to be COLD. I'm NOT looking forward to that!

By Blogger Juanita, at 1/19/2006 12:33 PM  

Really lovely, it look brilliant. I really like the buttons too, the kite up the tree is brilliant

Su

By Blogger Susimac, at 1/19/2006 2:29 PM  

WOW! Kim! What a bright happy pillow you made! I love it!
Juul :o)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/19/2006 5:54 PM  

PCK looks absolutely fabulous - both the stitching fabric and the backing fabric look awesome together ... just a fantastic job overall - way to go!! :)

By Blogger Anne S, at 1/25/2006 10:34 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home