In Stitches

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hello World!

It feels like an eternity since I've been in front of a computer. What a bizarre feeling it has been, like being cut off from the entire world. Of course it was a planned exodus, as I spend 80% of my life sitting in front of a computer doing various and sundry tasks. When I go home at night after a long day I want nothing to do w/ a computer and when I go off for vacation it's the same thing. Of course it doesn't help that at home I don't have the high speed connection that I do at work. (I am not a patient person.) ;p

So I'm back. :D Happy New Year to all of you! I can honestly say I have missed you and all your blogs. As some of you may have noticed I spent a bit this morning stopping around and saying hello again. You all have been busy whilst I was away. ;)

And I was busy, in my own way, while I was gone. I have a few project finishes to show off. :D

Let's start with Valentines Day! I am so ready! ;) No dwadling for me this year! I got my projects ready well ahead of schedule.

Valentine Row:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Valentine Medley:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I love how both of these turned out! The fabrics are just perfect for them...but I love Valentine Medley's the best, it's just so hilarious. You can go over to the gallery if you want to see the back side of this project. :)

I finished up Happy New Year as well, just in time:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


While I was off I worked on Bent Creek's Seasons and managed to finish it just last night:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I also have to show off Greg's Over Indulgent Santa (or maybe he just has a cold, whose to say? ;D )

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I love this fabric! I couldn't believe it when we found it at the craft store, it was fate! And I couldn't wait to finish this up into a pillow, which turned out pretty great. After a bit of practice I'm getting good at this type of pillow. ;)

Lastly I am showing off something my mom spent a lot of time stitching. She picked out the frame and mat board and Greg cut out the mat and framed it up for her. (Isn't he nice?) :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The project is 11x14 and the frame is 16x20 inches, which is very large when you see it in person and makes quite a statement.

The holidays went fairly fast, don't they always and we did a few things. Saw King Kong and Chronicles of Narnia. I don't recommend seeing Kong if you are feeling down, as it is definately down beat, but amazing.

Yesterday was my birthday, woo hoo? LOL I'm not a big birthday person, it's always been too close to the holidays to be celebrated properly. But Greg loves to do the gifty thing so he got me this:

Dan Dipaolo Jack & a Cornstalk I just love these! I have several of these types of figurines and LOVE them all. So that made my day! And I have to give him kudos cuz he bought it back in October and managed to keep it hidden all this time. LOL, LOL

I saw the latest SBQ roaming around:

How do you balance your stitching time with your other obligations such as work, household chores, etc.?

I don't? LOL No I'm kidding...sort of... First off I don't have kids and though I work 8-5 that leaves several hours each evening to stitch. Stitching is basically the only hobby I have, unless you count going to the gym. ;) So once I get settled for the evening I can usually squeeze a couple hours or so to stitch. If I want to do it I just make time, it's that simple. But I have this sort of unspoken rule, that I only stitch in the evenings for 2-3 hours at a stretch. Even on the weekends and yes even on vacation. I just can't stand the thought of sitting all day stitching and stitching. I sit too much in my job so I need to be moving a bit when off work on the weekends.

I hope all of you had a happy and fun Christmas and New Years! I have a feeling this year is going to be "interesting". ;)

Happy Stitching!

13 comment(s):

Welome back, Kim! I guess you sure have been busy - wow! What a lot of beautiful projects and excellent finishing. I'll be sending my future framing needs to Greg, okay? He's so much better than any professionals around here! Happy New Year!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 1/03/2006 5:47 PM  

Kim! Valentine Row is sooooo cute. I love the fringe and the wonderful fabric that you picked. Your mother's piece is trully beutiful and quite and accomplishment. Tell her I said that it was lovely and would brighten any wall that it graced. happy belated b-day!

By Blogger Kristen, at 1/03/2006 8:23 PM  

Happy belated birthday, Kim! Your finishes all look superb; you have a lot of fun with it, I can tell! And Greg did a beautiful job matting and framing your mom's piece for her. What a nice guy!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/03/2006 9:58 PM  

My we have been a busy girl! As usual you've done a splendid job finishing them off. I like Valentine row the best, don't ask why, just do. well it does look like santa has been into something...wether it was cough syrup or something else is debatable, just look at those eyes! The fabric find was just too much. Maybe a conspiracy between the designer and the fabric company....

By Blogger Bastet, at 1/03/2006 10:57 PM  

Welcome back, Kim!
All the finishes look great...and bravo to Greg for the awesome framing job.
I completely agree with you on not being able to just sit and stitch for really long stretches...I'm the same way. Once in a blue moon I'll park myself for the better part of a day, but I have to be either sick or totally consumed with finishing a project to do it.

By Blogger Erin, at 1/04/2006 8:03 AM  

Hey Kim! Happy New Year my friend!
It's great to see you back! I've missed you... ;)
All your projects are just great - as usual! Love your mother's piece as well.

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 1/04/2006 10:06 AM  

missed your posting , happy new year and happy birthday, expect a nice surprise very soon!!!!!!!

By Blogger siouxsiesweets, at 1/04/2006 1:32 PM  

Hi Kim! Good to see you blogging again. It's amazing how a fast internet connection spoils us for anything slower! You've finished lots of projects and they're all wonderful. Gotta keep Greg happy - he's a brilliant framer :)

By Blogger Von, at 1/04/2006 2:02 PM  

heyyyyyyy.... Happy belated birthday! and what wonderful finishes you have here!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 1/05/2006 6:56 PM  

Kim! I already said so, but I awfully missed your blogging!
Besides, I really wanted to see the result of your fabric and Greg's drunken snta! I LOVE it! Well, I already knew I would, but it's beyond my expectations!
So your mom is also a stitcher! This is a huge beautiful project! How many years did it take her?
I have fallen in love with your Bent Creek's Seasons! I never saw it before! You must have spent most of your time stitching! I wish I could see you two stitching. That must be something to see!
Your Dan Di Paolo figurine made me smile when I saw it! It's so sweet!
Another WE soon! What are you stitching next?
Now, I'm off to Greg's blog!
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/06/2006 11:53 AM  

Valentine row is gorgeous and I love the way you have finished it oo, its just perfect. I have enjoyed looking at your other work too, its really nice
Su

By Blogger Susimac, at 1/06/2006 5:41 PM  

Wow, your latest finishes are fantastic!! I totally ADORE the Santa one with its matching fabric ... how awesome is that!! Each and every finish is beautiful :))

By Blogger Anne S, at 1/07/2006 11:14 PM  

Just popped back to have another browse of your finished piccies ... and noticed I'd missed commenting to say "happy belated birthday!" ... I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on!

By Blogger Anne S, at 1/08/2006 9:35 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home