In Stitches

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Snow Cube



Work was so busy yesterday that I didn't get to post my Sunday finishings. ;) I was finally in the mood to finish up Winter Row and got Greg's Lillies framed. :) Winter row turned out great!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The fabric is just want I wanted and I love the ribbon and snowman for the top.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I did have to do some modifications to the snowman, as he had a "Merry Christmas" sign stuck up his butt. LOL It's supposed to be a tree ornament and I bought it specifically for the snowman, not the sign...so I had to "detach" the sign. You should've seen the look on Greg's face, I wish I'd had the camera. LOL, LOL

Greg had a great idea for the feet, so I bought some snowflake ornaments and glued them to regular wooden craft balls that I had painted white. Gives it an extra touch, which of course you can't see, without a close up. ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


We also framed out the Lillies. We had bought this frame at a local craft shop many months ago, because we liked it and it was cheap. LOL Well it came in handy, as Greg was inspired to use it for the Lillies. It's a perfect match and though the picture doesn't do it justice, in real life it is so pretty!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Why is it that the "one" picture you want to come out clear as a bell always is fuzzy? On the camera it looked fine, but when I brought it up in IrfanView it was dark and a bit fuzzy. Oh well... I have the real thing to look at and it's gorgeous! It gets a place of honor in the living room where I can see it every day. :D

I just want to say thanks to those of you who have visited Greg's blog and who have given him plugs on your own blogs. He's very excited to start work on his Red Bike project, once he completes his current one.

Hope everyone's week is going well!

11 comment(s):

As always, great finishings with great ideas! The details are very well thought! Well done!
The Lillies' frame is just perfect! And the picture shows details of the fabric I hadn't seen yet. What is this exactly? It looks sort of "variegated" yellow?
Gotta visit Greg's blog, now...
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 12/13/2005 3:45 PM  

You have used your Sunday very well. The finished Winter Row is just gorgeous. And you're right: the details make it even look better. I love the snowman on top and the snowflakes as an extra.
The lillies are something everyone will envy you for.
Enjoy all your stuff.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/13/2005 3:51 PM  

I have that camera problem too. Grrr!

Your projects are great! Even with the less-than-perfect picture, it's clear that the frame and the lilies are a match made in heaven. Your snow cube is just way too cute, with all those adorable extra details!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12/13/2005 4:47 PM  

Wow! Greg did a fantastic job on the lillies and what a beautiful framing job. I love Winter Row and all of the finishing details you included. Great job!

By Blogger Kristen, at 12/13/2005 6:37 PM  

Hi Kim,
You have got me so inspired in the finishing of the BC-rows! Thanks!
All the rest is on Gregs comment space, as a starting blogger, he needs readers...
Bye Juul :o)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/14/2005 2:13 AM  

Great finishes, as always! The lilies are just perfect in that frame, and so is Winter Row!! Love that snowman!

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 12/14/2005 5:47 AM  

Love the finishing!

By Blogger Kali, at 12/14/2005 8:35 AM  

The lilies are lovely!! And your cube finishing is great. I printed the directions for making those....maybe after Christmas I'll get around to doing one....

By Blogger Erin, at 12/14/2005 9:22 AM  

Wow, congrats to both you and Greg! Your cube looks great, especially with the extra touches. Your story about the snowman ornament in a hoot! And Greg's lilies look perfect in that frame!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/14/2005 2:26 PM  

Love the finishing! The Lilies are lovely. I've only recently read about cubing...boy is that a huge "cube". Love the little snowflake accent, wish I could've seen Greg's face when you detached the sign from the snowman, must've been comical.

By Blogger Bastet, at 12/14/2005 7:21 PM  

Adore the lilies - what an incredible piece it is in that frame - just gorgeous!! Also think the 'cube' is great - what a great way to finish it :)

By Blogger Anne S, at 12/18/2005 10:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home