In Stitches

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Not Forgotten



In my rush to get pictures taken of my pillows and the mini crisis of the horn I forgot to show the little cube I made on Sunday. It was something I stitched last year but didn't have time to finish, it sat w/ my Xmas stuff until I unpacked it Saturday. So here it is:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It turned out so cute. In case you can't tell, I put a snowflake ornament in the back and a snowman in the front of the bow. :) I finished it and put it in it's place of honor, which is why I forgot to snap a pic.

I figured since I was showing this, I might as well do an update of Valentine Row. It's going pretty well if I didn't keep getting distracted.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It snowed again last night, about 2 inches added to what we already have. The snow isn't so bad, but the cold is. It's -4F with a windchill of -20F, that is COLD for December. Hope it's nicer where you are. :)

10 comment(s):

Great pic, nice details!
Weather: not cold, but it's never "day" really...
Your Valentine (!!!) row is taking shape fast. Will you stitch stg for Halloween 2006 afterwards? You really are special Kim (which is a great compliment in my mouth, in case you would wonder...).
Take care, you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 12/06/2005 11:32 AM  

The Cube is adorable! windchill of -20F?? Oh my!

By Blogger Kali, at 12/06/2005 11:35 AM  

I haven't been blogging as much as usual, so that's why I saw the story of the caralarm just now. And the finished pieces. They look great as usual! And the lillies are wonderful too!!
And of course I just love the snowman. It's a lovely way to finish it, but I'm very glad when I manage to get a fabric frame...
So I won't challenge myself to make something like that.
have a nice -warmer- day

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/06/2005 12:58 PM  

Love the cube. Such a cute idea. I wont tell you about the weather here. I live in San Diego, CA. lol

By Blogger Kristen, at 12/06/2005 1:53 PM  

Oh, brrrrr!! It's gotten a little colder here than last week, but nowhere near the zero mark! I'm hoping we do get some really cold weather this winter so it will kill off some of the spider population. They've really gotten bad :(
Your cube is the cutest!

By Blogger Von, at 12/06/2005 3:22 PM  

...and thanks for the happy sinterklaas celebration in your former blog. I appreciated it!
bye

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/06/2005 3:36 PM  

Oh Kim, the cube turned out SO CUTE! Congrats on a great finish. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/06/2005 3:42 PM  

What a cute cube, and your Valentine row looks wonderful!

It's chilly and wet here, but I sure won't complain compared to your weather! Keep warm!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12/06/2005 4:31 PM  

You have a wonderful blog - it's a sheer delight to read. Really love your cube-it, and your lovely cushions :)

By Blogger Anne S, at 12/06/2005 6:18 PM  

Wow Kim, that's absolutely sweet! :D

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 12/07/2005 4:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home