In Stitches

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Meow


Greg decided to stitch the same Cat Sampler that I did, only he changed out all the colors. I think it looks great so far and I love how he cleverly worked in his signature into the design. If only I had thought of it first. ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The weather is still cold and a bit icy. It's such a shock to the system, just last week it was at least 7oF out there. I have to say that it definately gets a person into the Xmas mood just seeing that snow. I can't believe that next week is Thanksgiving already, so I guess it's not a bad thing to forward project to Xmas. Seeing Xmas decorations when it's balmy enough for shorts is just strange, so now it's... "beginning to look a lot like Christmas" (bah, hah, hah)

Sorry I just couldn't resist. And for those of you who live in warmer climates does it seem strange to have Xmas without snow? Just curious.


3 comment(s):

To me ( A naitve San Diegan) Christmas withouth snow is normal. However I often wish that we had just a little bit more of the seasons here. It always looks the same from one season to the next.

By Blogger Kristen, at 11/16/2005 5:40 PM  

Christmas without snow: there is stg missing, even if we don't have snow every year in the north of France, and when it snows, it's often in february... The snow stays one or two days, sometimes there isn't enough to make a snowman...
I think that the feeling that snow is missing at Christmas is due to those representations that we have, with sleighs and such... They make us dream!
Greg's cat: it looks so different from yours with the colour changes! I also appreciate his signature! I have never signed my cross stitch, because I don't like my first name, and Lili is my "secret" blogging name, I don't want my family to know... This is my secret garden, protected and joyful...
Hugs to you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/17/2005 2:31 AM  

I lived in the desert for 34 years and Christmas without snow was normal. I never really felt like it was missing. One year it snowed a little on Chrismas Eve while we were at midnight mass. We came out of the church to a scene from a Christmas card and it was so pretty and special since it had never happened before. I agree with Kristen you miss the change in seasons in warmer climates more than the snow. I love the fall leaves here in New England.

By Blogger Chris, at 11/17/2005 8:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home