In Stitches

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

What Happened to...


Fall?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is what I woke up to this morning, charming isn't it? ;) I suppose if we didn't have to drive in it it would be fantastic. I'm just not ready for this...maybe it's not too early for those Xmas decorations after all. ;D

I started on Bird's of a Feather's Santa Claus last night. I am using a DMC 14 ct denim blue that I bought on clearance sometime last year. So far it seems like a good choice for this pattern. :) I plan on changing the pattern a bit, I just don't see a reason he needs a white zigzag on his suit and I changed some of the colors for things I had on hand. It's going fast though which is great!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


SBQ:
When comparing large projects versus small projects, which do you get more excited about finishing?

I get more excited when I'm about to finish a large project. Since they take so much longer there is that little gleeful feeling that overtakes me when I know I won't have to stitch on it any longer and I can get onto framing. I think that when I stitch small things sometimes the finish is anti-climatic, sort of "oh I'm done?", where as the bigger projects you can just anticipate the finish. I do find it harder to move to a next project after stitching a large one. I've spent so much time on it that it sometimes becomes hard to imagine stitching anything else. LOL

Enjoy your day and thanks for all the lovely comments!

6 comment(s):

Hi Kim,
I cant' believe it! Can you imagine that? Snow! We sometimes spend a whole year without seeing any! It's such a joy... except for driving!
Not time to decorate for Christmas! Your thanksgiving decoration is just too great! Enjoy! One thing at a time as they say around here...
I agree with you: I don't see why Santa should have a zigzag... He looks so fun to stitch, though!
I really like the fabric you're using, in fact, I have the same one in 18 count...
SBQ: I really ought to answer this on my blog... OK! Off I go! Can I copy your answer? It perfectly reflects my own thought!
Don't worry, I'm an honest woman...
Take care!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/15/2005 11:46 AM  

What a beautiful snowy white! I live in San Diego and we don't get snow here. Can't wait to see the progress on Santa. I love this time of year.

By Blogger Kristen, at 11/15/2005 6:41 PM  

hey ! Snow ! lucky you, it's beautiful ! I hope there's no snow on the road though...

I loooove the denim fabric, it's like my Tinkerbell bag... and I still have some for projects....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 3:13 AM  

I am jealous! We don't get any snow here. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

By Blogger Dawn T., at 11/16/2005 6:58 AM  

BRRRRR. Maybe I don't miss snow as much as I thought I did ... LOL

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/16/2005 9:45 AM  

Wow! It's snowing already??

I just moved to Florida this year and there is no snow here which I find it very weird. I felt like I missed September and October with the hot weather down here.

By Blogger Lnanaa, at 11/16/2005 9:55 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home