In Stitches

Friday, November 11, 2005

Happy Veterans Day!

Today we say thanks to our men and women (past and present) who serve or have served in the armed forces. Thanks to these dedicated people we stay safe and secure from the big baddies of the world. Yes, the USA has had some terror incidents, but compared to other parts of the world we have not had to endure an ongoing onslaught of violence. And for that I am ever grateful to our military. Having been in the military I know how hard these people work and how dedicated they truly are, so today and every day THANKS for keeping us safe.

I am in the midst of a nasty cold, I guess it's just that time of year. Fortunately a cold can not be spread via the internet, so here I am saying HELLO! Thanks again to all of you who have stopped by to take a look at my Thanksgiving pics. I love decorating for the holidays and tend to go a bit overboard. It's a good thing I don't have a house or it might look like something straight out of Disneyland. LOL The bad thing about being sick is I have been stuck home feeling miserable and not able to get my job done. The good thing is that I've been stuck home w/ nothing to do but stitch. :D So I finished my Happy Xmas on Wednesday and started on Winter Row. Here is Happy Xmas:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I am going to try stitching this into a cube pillow decoration. I am hoping I can make it look like a xmas present. The finished design is about 5x5 inches so it is doable... ;)

Here is my progress on Winter Row from Bent Creek:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I love these row projects from Bent Creek, they are so quick and fun to stitch. I love that the snowmen in this one are juggling snowballs. I have a larger version of this update pic in my gallery Winter Row
click on the small pic for a larger version.

Greg left off the lilies to stitch some small projects for gifts. He's working on Bent Creek's Ladybug Jig right now. Here's an update:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I mentioned that ladybugs technically don't have red heads and that sent him into a tizzy. He wasn't sure he wanted to stitch it black, like a real ladybug would be. So he tried another color of red but didn't like that either. Poor guy, I told him that no one would really care if it wasn't technically correct, so I think he's back to basic red. Yes, I am *evil*. It's the cold talking, I swear. LOL, LOL

Happy weekend to all of you!


4 comment(s):

Your fabric choice for "Winter Row" is STUNNING! What is it?

If you like the lilac on my blog, I am looking to trade it ...

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/11/2005 12:51 PM  

Sorry to hear you have a cold! :o( You seem in such a good mood though. :o)
Congrats on achieving so much! I just LOVE that design you just finished!

Poor Greg... ;-P

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 11/11/2005 2:11 PM  

Hi Kim, I have problems with my new puter, so it's difficult for me to reach your blog. I'm veru glad I can today!
Congrats on your new achievements, I really like this Xmas tree! The snowman also looks great, and like you, I really love these simple (not too simple because it's easy to miscount between letters, and then...) projects.
Thanks for conveying my metaphysical question in good english for SBQ.
Ladybugs have black heads, right, it was just a matter of honesty! But considering Greg's taste for bright colours, I can understand he's reluctant to use black...
Hugs to you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/13/2005 4:24 AM  

After I had a look at your photo gallery yesterday evening late (I wanted to have beautiful dreams), I really wondered during the night (partly sleepless thanks to Phoebe who begged for hugs most of the night) why we were teasing poor Greg with the Ladybug's red head! The design's just great! Great choice, as always, Kim and Greg!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/14/2005 12:42 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home