In Stitches

Monday, November 14, 2005

Making Progress


I completed a couple of goals this weekend, 1. Feel Better - I can say I don't feel as bad as Friday that's a plus. :) 2. Finish 2 Xmas gifts - DONE! I finally got some sewing done this weekend and finished off 2 projects that are going out as Xmas gifts. I just hope they are well received. ;)

First I got the trim and accessories on the Cat Sampler flat fold. I think it turned out really great!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here is the back:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I glued the fish buttons to the trim and I think it gave it a nice finished look. :)

I also made my Be Ever Kind project into a pillow...I'm not so sure about the trim, I keep thinking it looks like Gemelli noodles are sprouting out of it... LOL, LOL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


But it's finished and that's the main thing, I will let you know how well they are received. :)

I finished my Winter Row:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Close up:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It looks great, although I think the fabric may be a bit light colored for it. Barbara asked what the fabric is...it's 14 count aida that I hand dyed in my kitchen. LOL Most of the colored fabric that you will see here has been hand dyed by me at home w/ my little chemists set... ;D Okay, okay, I confess I don't have a chemists set, but I really do dye my own fabric. :D (Also Barbara, I would be interested to know more about your lilac fabric that you mentioned is up for trade, you can find my email in my profile if you would like to discuss it further. :D )

Greg finished his ladybug up, he did go w/ the red and despite my being wicked on Friday I honestly do think it looks great. The red head looks very cute. :) Here is a pic of it laying on top of the fabric that I'm going to use to make it into a pillow. Greg picked out the fabric and I think he did a fantastic job!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


All in all a very productive weekend! :)

9 comment(s):

WOW! You did have a very productive weekend. Good Job! I'm hoping that I can have one of those soon.

By Blogger Kristen, at 11/14/2005 11:21 AM  

LOL! WOW is exactly what I wanted to say! You two are so productive! I envy your finishings, they are so well done and well thought! Not to mention the choice of fabric! I am in heaven on your blog, Kim and Greg!
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/14/2005 11:44 AM  

Hi! I added your blog to my new one. I was perusing and found yours and love the work you've done. I have the same Cat Sampler and LOVE what you've done with it. What nice work you do! I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the future
1

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 11/14/2005 1:14 PM  

I'm almost always amazed by what you can do in your spare time.
I wish I was so productive, especially with finishes...
Love the cat alphabet, but the others (winter row) are great too!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2005 1:44 PM  

Love the home-dyed fabric, Kim! Of course, things always look different in person, but I like the colors in Winter Row very much!! So glad you had such a productive weekend - it's a great feeling. :))))

By Blogger Von, at 11/14/2005 1:56 PM  

Greg's a quick stitch! Your projects are a delight to see, as always. Off to check your email address to discuss the lilac ice...

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/14/2005 4:21 PM  

Wow, you sure got a lot done. They're all awesome!

By Blogger Lnanaa, at 11/15/2005 6:04 AM  

Oh wow Kim! I love, love, love it all! :D the cat sampler flat fold is great! The fabric on which you stitched Winter Row is perfect. Can you tell I keep marveling at your hand-dyed fabrics!

Hope you keep warm! :o) It's getting quite cold here, but we're not expecting any snow (the sun is shining gloriously today, after a week of dreary weather).

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 11/17/2005 3:22 AM  

They look beautiful. Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/17/2005 4:44 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home