In Stitches

Monday, November 21, 2005

Why Yes We Do...


work! LOL For those of you who might be wondering, "yes" Greg and I do have full time jobs. AND Greg commutes 2 hours a day. So now you can be "mightily" impressed at how much stitching gets done at our house. LOL I think that because there are 2 of us creating projects it just seems that we get a lot more done. Plus I generally devote Sunday afternoons to finishing projects, if there are any to be finished. It seems that this time of year we just get a lot more done. I know I get loads more projects done, I think I am more inspired by the holidays. Does anyone else feel that way?

Well we had an "exciting" weekend. I went to spend the day w/ my mom, it was her birthday Saturday. And Greg stayed home to run errands, etc. Unfortunately for him, he was driving my car and it decided to die on him at his last stop. AND I wasn't home yet. I get home and have 5 frantic voice mails telling me what happened...because of course I decided to come home later than normal and now Greg is worried something might've happened to me as well. I rushed to pick him up from the mechanics shop and he was relieved that I was okay, but now we were upset that we had the unexpected expense of fixing the car... And of course we had just recently gotten a new computer. LOL Isn't that the way it always goes?? My car is being fixed today and it's not hugely expensive, but still a pain nonetheless... Ah well life goes on!

I did spend yesterday making pillows! I got several done and they all are so cute! Greg did finish his cat sampler but I don't have a picture today...tomorrow. ;)

First off I never liked the trim I put on my Be Ever Kind pillow, so I finally decided to just redo it. I made it into a flanged pillow and I love the results:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I think it looks immensely better like this, the fabric matches so nicely!

Then I made crown pillows for my nieces, they aren't totally finished. I'm going to get some fuzzy trim for them, but here's the prelims:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I got this pattern from a pillow book I bought at JoAnn's, I thought it was the cutest pillow and perfect for little girls. I'm sure they will love it. :D

Then I made Greg's ladybug project into a pillow, it's a Xmas gift so I needed to get it done. He picked out the fabric for this and I think it's PERFECT!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Finally I had a package from AngelSan! She's such a wonderful friend! Look at the goodies she sent!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Close Up of Snowmen:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I love all this! An adorable potholder w/ a sunflower (my favorite) and these cute snowmen and a beautiful card! Made my weekend for sure!! Thanks to San, she's the best!

Hope y'all had fun weekends...going to go catch up on a few blogs now... :D

5 comment(s):

Yes! You two are so creative that I can understand some people wonder if you work...
Computer/car/money: We have the same pbem, but not with the car: as we had to change the computer (still no internet connection on that one, exchanged, might come from the modem, but this still works on the old one???), we are wondering if we will get the new x-box 360 for Christmas finally... Wouldn't be reasonable. Pbem: with a car, you cant' wonder if you will or not repair...
I'm so sorry for Greg, waiting anxiously for you...
Your pillows look very lovely, I admire your work!
San's sunflower and snowmen: she has covered almost all seasons!
Yeah: she's the best!
Hugs to you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/21/2005 10:53 AM  

It's nice to know someone else who works full time and still supports a serious stitching habit! :) You do manage to get more done than I do, though, I think. Your pillows all look wonderful. You do a great job of finishing!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/21/2005 11:16 AM  

Your stitching (yours & hubby's) and finishing are great. So to hear about the car, hope all is fix and running well soon.
Happy stitching,
Annette

By Blogger My Life In Stitches, at 11/21/2005 5:30 PM  

Oh WOW! Your flanged pillow turned out great and that fabric is fabulous!

The crown pillows are real cute and I'm sure they'll be much appreciated.

The ladybug pillow is adorable... Love the fabric on that one too!

GREAT JOB!

And San's gifts are great!

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 11/22/2005 4:51 AM  

Those are all beautiful things. I would have liked very much to see a tutorial of the crown pillows, but can it be done by hand? Is it authorised to do a tutorial when it comes from a book? Well done Kim and beautiful gift from San indeed :-).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 6:32 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home