In Stitches

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Day Before, The Day Before Thanksgiving

So here it is "pre" Thanksgiving...it's hard to get work done when you know it's such a short week. For those of you overseas who don't know about Thanksgiving, most people in the U.S. get Thanksgiving day and the day after as holidays. Most people, I know there are a lot of hard working folks out there that don't. But Greg and I do, so it's a mini holiday! And of course I'm looking forward to it! So when you don't see me around after Wednesday you will know I'm eating too much Turkey and visiting family. :D

Thanks for all the nice comments about yesterday's post. I am sorry to say that no I can't provide a tutorial for the Crown Pillows. It did come from a book that I purchased at JoAnn's fabric store and I don't feel it's appropriate to break their copyright. That being said... this is not a difficult project. It's your basic pillow. Front piece, back piece sew together and embellish. SO, if you are handy at drawing, get a big 'ol piece of paper and draw yourself a pattern. C'mon it's not hard! You make the pattern as big as you'd like the pillow to be. These pillows are supposed to be around 10", but I foofed it up and mine are maybe 6". So it's not a precise thing...heck you could use one of those crowns kids get at Burger King as a template. ;) I got the stuff to finish mine off, I bought some fuzzy trim and some fabric flowers and used fabric glue to attach them. Here's how it turned out:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


If you want to see a larger version go here and click on the pic of the embellished Crown Pillow

Here's an update of my Santa, the bottom is taking forever...it also doesn't help being distracted by pillows. ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Greg has been busy! He finished his cat sampler and is now onto another project...I hope he finishes those calla lilies soon... ;p

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My car did get fixed (yay!), but unfortunately the mechanics place broke off one of the horn buttons, so now I've got to get them to fix that too...what a pain...

At least the 'ol car runs again! I just can't honk at annoying drivers... LOL -YES- that was bad. ;) Okay gotta run! Have a great day!

5 comment(s):

I just read the last entry and now I see a new one! The crown is cute, and when you're thinking about it, it can't be to hard to create such nice ideas yourself...
When I don't 'talk' to you again: happy thanksgiving and a happy mini holiday!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 9:32 AM  

We're also currently without a car. Luckily, it's been dry today so walking isn't a hardship.

Your crown pillow is fun, and I'm curious about Greg's new project. Good luck finishing your referee Santa!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 11/22/2005 10:44 AM  

Umm... I hope the repair place is going to PAY for that piece they broke off! :)

The crown pillows look great; love the embellishments you added. And your santa is still moving along nicely. It's hard when you get bogged down in a large chunk of solid color.

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time off. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 11:37 AM  

Hi Kim!

I loooove this cat! I loooove the pillows too, and so does Daphné... Can't wait to see Greg's new project...

Santa's bottom part must be a little boring to stitch? What thread are you using on this? And on the cats? It looks variegated? It looks great!

Glad your car is already fixed!
ENJOY your holiday!
Happy thanksgiving!
Hugs to you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 11/22/2005 4:03 PM  

Thank you Kim for your answer. I understand very well about the copyright stuff and thank you for the explanation you gave. That helps a lot. Happy Thanksgiving. Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/23/2005 6:09 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home