In Stitches

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gifts!




I got home last night to find Greg hoarding (giggle) two packages that had come in for me. He innocently says "I *had* to open them to make sure they were safe." LOL This is the only downside to having a stitching husband, he *wants* all my stash! LOL, LOL

The first package came from Anneke who has been so kind to constantly visit my blog from when it first started. She has always given me kind words of encouragement and they are greatly appreciated. I decided to surprise her with a packet a while back and now she has surprised me! I feel so lucky! Thanks so much Anneke!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The card is so beautiful! It's says Merry Christmas in Dutch and I just love it! The second item is a beautiful snowman cross stitch project. Anneke loves snowmen, so I am honored that she was willing to part with this delightful project. :D

The other package I received was from Lili! What a nice surprise! And this is the one that Greg wanted to make off with! It has some beautiful fabric in it that he just drooled over. LOL, LOL

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Isn't that cat great! I love this pattern, so simple but so sweet! And those fabrics are just wonderful! But to top it all off she sent me a Bastet cat charm! Lili didn't know but I am a fan of the Egyptian cat god Bastet and happen to have a larger version sitting right on my night stand.

Here is a pic of my Bastet and the one Lili sent.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


They are almost identical, isn't that just funny? It is truly a small world. :) And I just happen to have a lovely cat pattern that I will save this little Bastet for! :D

Thanks again to Lili and Anneke! You are the best!

In other news Greg has decided to open his own blog! How exciting! He hopes to update all his cross stitch projects there as well talk about his other passion (no not me) bicycling. :) His link is: The bent Needle This name is a reference to his biking and stitching, as Greg's favorite bicycle happens to be a recumbent (bent) bicycle. Go here Other Stuff to see a picture of our bikes.

I am going to post this pic of his current project, even if he does so on his site:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I believe he will post his progress pics on his site, but he may ask me to post some as well, we will see! :)

10 comment(s):

Hi Kim,

I just paid a visit to Greg's blog,
I think he has a great new hobby!
I loved looking at all your stitching and decorating!

You two are a great couple!

Bye Juul :o)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/08/2005 11:23 PM  

It's strange to see the stuff I sent you in your house. Unreal. I loved sending you something I like myself. Hope you can find room between all the other snowmanstuff...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/09/2005 2:02 AM  

Hi Kim!
I should have guessed that Greg would be interested in the fabric too... Was it the aida fabric that most attracted him? I wonder...
I think it's a great idea for him to have his own blog! I'll pay him a visit right now...
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 12/09/2005 2:09 AM  

i think its brilliant your dh is into stitching, you make a great couple!! and both of your projects are very inspiring, take care

By Blogger siouxsiesweets, at 12/09/2005 2:26 AM  

thanks for your kind words Kim, i really appreciate it

By Blogger siouxsiesweets, at 12/09/2005 12:32 PM  

Wow, pretty stash - I can't blame Greg for 'keeping it safe' till you got ahold of it! LOL.

Congratulations on Greg opening up shop for himself, so to speak. I'll go take a peek now.

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12/09/2005 1:30 PM  

Hey Kim! your house looks fabulous! and what pretty gifts you got there :) *hugs*

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 12/12/2005 3:11 PM  

Kim, I love all your eclectic Christmas decorating. You've managed to "spruce it up" even if you don't have room (which I can't tell). It all looks very festive.

You've received some wonderful cards and gifts! Nice friends!

Actually, I think it would be fun to have a stitching spouse, and I'll have to visit his blog, LOL! Good for him. My hubby is a golfer, which is a whole lot more expensive than my hobby, so I never feel guilty indulging myself ;-). It's also nice when he plays golf because I can stitch.

LOVE visiting your blog. It's always interesting, and because of you, I had to order Birds of a Feather's "Santa Claus." Blogs can be dangerous.

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 12/12/2005 11:40 PM  

Gorgeous gifts that you received - stitching friends really are the best! Love to see your christmas ornaments too - just lovely :)

By Blogger Anne S, at 12/13/2005 2:55 AM  

Hi Kim! The gifts you got are great! You deserve treats!

Congrats to Greg on starting his own blog! :D

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 12/14/2005 5:37 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home