In Stitches

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Jingle Bells, Batman Smells...



(hee, hee) What? I *know* some of you out there sang that as a kid, don't *even* try to fool me. ;P

Today I'm posting pics of my Xmas decorations. I made them small but it may take a while to load, so if you don't want to wait, I won't be offended. :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I found these this year and they remind me very much of Give and Take by Mosey 'n Me. This is a project I did in 2004 and love it very much.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I also got these crazy penguins this year, for some reason I think of Madagascar when I see them.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The snoman on the unicycle is also new this year. How could I resist that red umbrella? ;p

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is my version of a Xmas tree, it's really all I have room for.

It's really not as overwhelming as at Halloween, I keep thinking I need pine garland all over everything. LOL

What I really miss though is the Xmas tree. Like many of you I have fond memories of dark rooms w/ trees lit by sparkling lights. But space being what it is it's just not practical. My other favorite memory of Xmas time as a kid, is getting a big box of oranges and those big bags of mixed nuts and spending toasty afternoons indoors w/ the smell of oranges in the air and fighting my brothers for the nutcracker. LOL

Hope everyone is staying warm! It's still around -2 here and more snow on the way.

10 comment(s):

Cute cute decorations! Even if the tree is small, no wonder you celebrate it joyfully and heartedly! Add hot chocolate with marshmallows... and the classics we used to see every Xmas: "The Young Lord Fauntleroy" and such (lol: I wrote "suck" at first, OK it sucks but I regret not seeing it anymore...). And also "Little women", we had it every year at Xmas...
Childhood memories... sometimes, better for them to remain as such...
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 12/07/2005 12:18 PM  

Robin laid and egg...lol :) I still sing it with my kids!

The decorations are simply beautiful!

By Blogger Dawn T., at 12/07/2005 1:10 PM  

Oh great... now that song is going to be stuck in my head all day! LOL

Your decorations are great. I love all the whimsical stuff this time of year.

By Blogger Juanita, at 12/07/2005 1:45 PM  

You have great taste in snowman ornaments. (I recognize some from my own collection, that will remain in moving boxes this Christmas.)

By Blogger Anna van Schurman, at 12/07/2005 3:57 PM  

Wow, what a great collection of decorations you have!

We also have a space problem but a tree is mandatory! We do a teeny table-top size.

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12/07/2005 3:58 PM  

... Robin laid an egg... Yep, I'm singing along! LOVE the penguins, BTW. They remind me of the ones from Madagascar, as well. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/07/2005 8:49 PM  

Even without a Christmas tree, your home is very festive!! Thanks for letting us peek :)
Stay warm, Kim!

By Blogger Von, at 12/07/2005 9:56 PM  

I loved your little christmastree. It's humble, but festive. I just love the snowman with the red umbrella. I'm always amazed how many different snowmen they can design.
I'm glad the little package arrived safely. It has made a long journey, but it'll get a good home...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/08/2005 10:02 AM  

What a wonderful collection of decorations - very very festive! Isn't it nice how we have such memories of our childhood Christmases ... my favourite was my Christmas stocking every year - it always had some pieces of fresh fruit (usually an apple and an orange), some whole nuts in their shells, a little pair of earrings or something, sweeties and chocolates ... and a tiny bottle of Babycham (English) - I remember being very VERY disappointed when Mum decided I was too old for a stocking ... I was about 25 at the time - Dad and I sulked for weeks ;) I thank Mum from the bottom of my heart for passing on her love of Christmas to me - I love to see all the decorations, and yours are truly beautiful!

By Blogger Anne S, at 12/08/2005 5:59 PM  

I would describe your decor as whimiscal, one of my favorite words!
Is the black cabinet with the doors your computer desk? We have the same one! ; )

By Blogger Dianne, at 12/12/2005 11:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home