In Stitches

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Holidays

This is my last day at work until January 3, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to say "Happy Holidays" .... or Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. ;) In whatever your language of choice is, I wish you many happy returns and a fun end of the year. :D

I am making good progress on the Valentine Medley. Here's an update, it will be finished and made into a wall hanging next time you see it. ;p

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I did have troubles with the colors that were intended for this one, when you go w/ non-white it gets tricky. The colors that were suggested were too light or blended in too much so I had to do substitutions. Them's the breaks. It still looks great and I enjoy experimenting with different colors.

I know all my friends in France are already enjoying their holidays...to them...
"wish I could be there" and
"don't have too much fun without me" AND
"if you do, take pictures!" LOL, LOL
(Lili: NO, not the incriminating kind. ;D)

We did our annual office gift exchange yesterday and it was so hilarious! Both bosses (boss, and bosses boss) ended up giving each of us neck scarves. The funny part was that my co-worker and I both got the EXACT THE SAME COLOR from both bosses. It was too hilarious. There are only 4 of us in the office (big boss, boss and 2 worker bees) so the other lady that works here and I traded colors on one set just to break it up. A lot of fun and laughs. :D

Hope all of you have a lot of fun and a lot of laughs the rest of the holiday season! I may not be back online till Jan. 3, we will see if I can wrestle the computer away from Greg. ;p

Take care! Safe travels!

16 comment(s):

Merry Christmas, Kim & Greg :)

By Blogger BeckySC, at 12/21/2005 9:26 PM  

It's looking wonderful. If you hadn't said that you'd changed the colours, iw wouldn't have known.

By Blogger Bastet, at 12/21/2005 11:19 PM  

I just love all your Valentine stitching! The colors are wonderful, fabrics gorgeous. I hope your holidays are safe and happy and that you have a great vacation time off! I'm envious of your getting a jump on Valentine stitching. I'm still working on Christmas gifts! Yikes! You and Greg enjoy your holidays!

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 12/21/2005 11:45 PM  

Happy holiday, Kim! We will awfully miss you until 3rd jan!
Your valentine is delighting!
I am innocent! ("incriminating kind"?! What do you mean you wicked? I'm an angel...)
Merry giftmess, and enjoy your holiday!
Lots of hugs to you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 12/22/2005 4:28 AM  

Merry Christmas Kim and Greg! your Valentine Medley is looking very pretty...

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 12/22/2005 9:31 AM  

I hope you I'm in time to wish you a very merry christmas with Greg. One more working day for us, then the christmasbreak begins (2 week). The children can't wait and I can't stitch... LOL
enjoy the time off

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/22/2005 3:02 PM  

Happy Holidays Kim and Greg!

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 12/23/2005 1:45 AM  

happy xmas and have a wonderful new year, i received my parcel today , and i am touched its beautiful thank you

By Blogger siouxsiesweets, at 12/23/2005 7:45 AM  

I love the Valentine medly. Happy Holidays :)

By Blogger Kali, at 12/23/2005 8:20 AM  

It is looking great!! Merry Christmas to you and Greg!

By Blogger Dawn T., at 12/23/2005 12:51 PM  

Merriest Christmas to the best cross-stitching duo I know!! :-)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12/23/2005 3:09 PM  

I love the different looks of the overdyed threads on your Valentine piece - I'm enjoying watching the progress :) Hope you have a great Christmas & New year :))

By Blogger Anne S, at 12/23/2005 4:30 PM  

Merry Christmas to Gim and Greg...looking forward to more blogging and wonderful stitches. Warmest wishes and hugs from sunny island of Singapore

By Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc, at 12/23/2005 9:42 PM  

Have fun Kim. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/24/2005 2:31 AM  

Hi Kim and Greg,
Merry Christmas!
Juul :o)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/25/2005 12:22 AM  

You are selecting wonderful colors. Very good choices.

By Blogger Lelia, at 1/03/2006 7:43 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home