In Stitches

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Row Update




I have been working away on Valentine Row, but not w/ a lot of enthusiasm. I think that all the holiday stuff is just wearing me down a bit. ;) Plus I haven't been feeling 100% So this morning I took a pic of Val Row which is fast nearing completion!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I think I will make this into a pillow instead of a cube. I saw some fun trim that I'd like to try w/ it if I can find some great fabric.

I can't believe that Xmas is 11 days away. Why is it that some years it's more difficult to get in the holiday mood than others? Some years are just magical and everything is sparkly and perfect and other years just fall flat. LOL I guess I just have too many "non-holiday" things to worry about which puts a damper on it all.

Well despite my "blah" mood, I hope everyone else is having fun getting ready for Xmas! Maybe I'll watch Bing Crosby in Holiday Inn this week, that's a fun holiday movie and I love the song White Christmas.... ;)

Happy stitching!

7 comment(s):

Is this fabric one of your own hand-dyes? It's gorgeous. The stitching is, too :-).

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate it.

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 12/14/2005 12:02 PM  

Sorry to hear you're a little low in spirits, Kim...
Your stitching looks great on this fabric!

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 12/14/2005 1:22 PM  

Wow! It's just great! I looove it!
Not in a Christmas mood? Stitching for Valentine mustn't help...
Just kidding! I also find it difficult to find the Xmas mood this year. I think I'm "pressurizing" myself too much with simple things that I find difficult at the moment, and also, set too many goals that I can't reach...
The holidays should arrange all this... And also, making choices... And watching "The santa clause II", may be?
Take care and get some rest, not 100% Kim.

By Blogger Leeland, at 12/14/2005 1:23 PM  

I love Holiday Inn! It's such a classic movie and between the crooners and the dancers, how can you go wrong?

Valentine Row is looking really nice and I think it will make a great pillow!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/14/2005 2:28 PM  

your Valentine project is looking good.I love that film too,I remember having to watch it at home when I lived with my parents but now I can watch it because I want to.Another of my favourites at this time is "The Snowman" that makes me feel Christmassy.

By Blogger Shell, at 12/14/2005 4:59 PM  

like your valentine project. Sorry about the christmas damper, personnally I get that way almost every holiday now, too much commericalization. That and this time of year all I hear is I want, I want, get me, get me. And I don't have children to remind me of this 365 days a year....

By Blogger Bastet, at 12/14/2005 10:20 PM  

Sorry to hear you've had the 'holiday blahs'. I get them most years myself, so I know how it feels.

Valentine Row is coming along nicely-- the fabric is just gorgeous! Also, I loved your Winter Row. It's too cute!!

By Blogger Juanita, at 12/15/2005 8:37 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home