In Stitches

Friday, January 06, 2006

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Or at least Peter's clothes... Which leads me to ponder...what is Peter doing without his clothes? ;p LOL

My next project is Peter's Cotton Knits from Raise the Roof Designs. I just love these projects and am trying to do one for all the holidays that they have out. So far I have Witchy Washy (Halloween), Santa Clothes (Christmas) and now Peter's Cotton Knits (Easter). I also will be stitching Sam's Socks and Such (Fourth of July) and Turkey Dressing for next Thanksgiving...which oddly enough is Pilgrim clothes. I get a kick out of stitching these and a good laugh when they are out for the holidays.

Here is what I have done for Peter's Cotton Knits:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I had to change all the colors on this one as they are in Crescent Colors which I don't have any of. And I didn't like a lot of the DMC conversions, but it's not hard to pick out colors since you don't have to worry about shading and such. The colors are fun and Springy which is nice this time of year. :)

Thanks for all the comments about my Valentine projects, those were fun to do. I get a kick out of finishing things.

Lili: I'm not sure how long it took my mom to make that, I'm thinking she started it in early Fall. So maybe 3 months but she didn't work on it all the time. She likes to work on a lot of projects at once just picking up whatever catches her fancy. I can't do that, I'm a one project at a time person. But anyhow, there is a companion piece to this one that she is stitching right now, she says it's going fast. The pattern came out of some book of Courier and Ives prints that had been made into cross stitch projects.

My LNS has a sit and stitch night every Thursday so Greg and I went by and took some projects to show off. I had to buy some threads so it was a good excuse. The lady that owns the place loves to see what we are working on. Most people don't realize that I am extremely shy and don't really like to "show" off and I have a hard time meeting new people. So it was Greg that convinced me that I should take some stuff up to show the ladies, even though I was against it. Of course I was being silly, cuz the ladies were so nice and thrilled that we brought in things to show off and they showed us what they were stitching (which were brilliant compared to my stuff). LOL

But still I get a queasy feeling just thinking about it. It's one of those things that I wish I could change about myself to be more outgoing. But I think I just have to accept that while I'm not a hermit I'm just never going to be Miss Popularity either. LOL

I have always considered stitching to be a solitary hobby, not something easily shared with others. I wonder how many of you go to stitch nights and do you find it easier to stitch with other people around or distracting. Just curious. :)

And now another shameless plug for Greg's blog. He's got a new post up and a pic of his current work on his Red Bike project. So if you get a chance go by and say hello, we all can use a bit of ego feeding once in a while. :D

Enjoy your weekend and Happy Stitching!

10 comment(s):

Good for you Kim, going out & showing off your beautiful projects! (I also have a hard time with face-to-face stuff.)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 1/06/2006 3:32 PM  

Thats great that you took your projects to show them off, people love to see others work, I for one do.

I like to stitch alone, I can get on faster, plus none of my friends stitch, but when I visit my parents or my sister or SIL they all stitch and we stitch together which is fun

Su

By Blogger Susimac, at 1/06/2006 5:44 PM  

Hi Kim, when my LNS was in business she was open late for stitch-ins twice a week and I went when I could. There were usually just a few ladies, but it was nice to chat, stitch, and admire each other's work. I understand being hesitant to go out when you don't really know anyone; I'm not usually comfortable with it either, but I generally find that I'm glad I went.

By Blogger Von, at 1/06/2006 11:01 PM  

Stitch nights next to you? and you've only gone once? You know what I'm going to say... Go go go !!!!
Luckily Greg helps in this direction...

I'm not shy of my stitching. I stitch anywhere. Others don't care. I like to show my stuff, but of course I limit myself to friends and families, I'm not nut !

By definition, stitchers like to see other stitchers work (the internet and blogs taught us that), so go and show them your stuff !!!! And I'm sure they are mostly interested if it's very different from their stuff.

Plus you have the wonderful had dyed fabrics working for you...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/07/2006 10:10 AM  

Uh,oh, looks like peter's been in McGreggor's garden again...

It's looking wonderful.

By Blogger Bastet, at 1/07/2006 10:56 PM  

Can't wait to see it finished :)

My LNS has a stitch noght once a week too. I don't get to go very often, as it is a long drive-but I do enjoy going when I can and I LOVE it when people bring in their stitching to show us....GOOD for you, I know they were impressed with your work-you do some really great pieces!

By Blogger BeckySC, at 1/08/2006 1:52 PM  

These Raise the Roof designs don't raise my roof, but they sure raise my smile!!! I just love the way you plan your stitching...
Your mother's speed (combined with very beautiful achievement!!!) really astonishes me! Lucky you to be surrounded by persons who share your hobby!
I think it's a wonderful thing that you show your projects to other persons. Like you, I'm quite shy, and I'll never be miss Popularity, so I think it takes courage to go towards the others, and it's great to be rewarded for this.
My stiching is a solitary hobby, but I've been taught by a friend with whom I still share my achievements. However, we scarcely stitch together.
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/09/2006 5:24 AM  

The Easter piece is really cute. I love the whimsical holiday designs.

Good for you going to stitch night! I used to have a small group of stitchers that I got together with regularly, so I know how much fun that can be. However, I do find that I don't get much stitching done-- I get too distracted catching up with everyone. My favorite thing is "show & tell", because I love looking at what everyone else has been stitching. I think most stitchers get excited at seeing other people's work.

By Blogger Juanita, at 1/09/2006 10:23 AM  

Those laundry-line designs by Raise the Roof are so cute....and you know what they say about rabbits. hehehehe

I WISH my LNS had a stitch night -- I'd be there with bells on. But of course I'm a terrible show-off....

By Blogger Erin, at 1/09/2006 12:20 PM  

Kim, I love the designers you choose to stitch, and Raise the Roof is another one I have none of. You're to blame for me getting the fabbie, chart and threads for Birds of A Feather "Santa Claus." It was the first one of that designer's charts I've bought, but I fell in love with yours. Now, this little Peter Cottontail Raise the Roof is going to be adorable!

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 1/17/2006 3:22 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home