In Stitches

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

SBQ - Stash Shopping

Can you believe it I am answering a SBQ the day it's posted? ;P

Do you do your stash shopping at your LNS, ONS, or both? Which do you like better? Why?

I do both and it's hard saying which I like better. I like the ONS's I've purchased from because they have a HUGE selection and good prices. But some of them can be miserably S L O W sending out there orders. I'm just not a patient person, when I buy it I want it N O W. LOL But did I mention the prices? LOL Those are what get me back online shopping every time.

Now my LNS is less than five minutes from where I live, well okay I could walk there in 10, but I could drive there in 2. ;) And the lady that runs the place is the nicest person you could ever hope to meet. She's kind and helpful, although she's not really a stitching person (which can be detrimental at times) she is helpful and fun to chat with. (She's the one who showed me how to make a flanged pillow.) She also gets the hugest charge out of seeing Greg come in shopping with me....just eats it up. (He's a charmer, no doubt.) So it's fun to take in finished pieces to show her. BUT, she doesn't keep a lot of the things that I like to stitch in stock and the pattern prices are just scary. She is fairly reasonable on threads if you don't need many. She also doesn't like to do orders, she will take them, but often forgets to place them unless you remind her...a lot. ;)

So! For me it's a toss up. If I want "instant gratification" I will go to the LNS and "find" something fun. :) But if I have a lot of things I want or specific charts I know I can't get locally I go online. The only downside is that online shopping is dangerous to the wallet, as there are too many tempting items that can end up in your checkout basket.

2 comment(s):

Happy Birthday! I know I am a little late, but only saw your post today ;-). Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/05/2006 9:39 AM  

Hi Kim ,thanks for your comment on my blog, have added you to my blog list.Happy Stitching in 2006.
Shell

By Blogger Shell, at 1/05/2006 4:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home