In Stitches

Friday, January 27, 2006

Dancing with the Stars Progress!

Last night I watched Dancing with the Stars while working on my project. Some of you may groan, but I actually enjoy it. I'm a huge fan of ballroom dancing (although Greg refuses to try it/can't say I blame him though) and enjoy seeing the B and C level "stars" giving it their all. So I managed to get through the "without" part of the chart. And now I feel I'm making headway. It's definately a big chart, but easy to stitch. And it's fun because I know my mom will just adore it. :D

What do you all think about the roses in the middle though, I'm torn over whether to do more backstitching on them or just leave as is. I just keep thinking it could use more backstitching. The "original" version of this chart wouldn't have any backstitching around them as it's more Victorian. And I'm trying to imitate that style, but they sort of look blobbish. ;) Opinions anyone? :D

Today it's 60F out there and the sun is shining like mad. I had to take my coat off on the way back from the gym at lunch. It was just HOT. If this keeps up we will be having 150F temps in the summer. LOL It's nice though, but confusing to the brain. Let's just hope we get some rain so that we will have drinking water this summer. ;)

Have a great weekend!

7 comment(s):

Great progress, Kim!
About those roses, I'm sure you'll make up your mind when the whole design is stitched - one or the other solution should come up as obvious :)

I am jealous at your 60 F. It's been 20 F in Paris today. The temps have been going down and down throughout the week - when will it stop?

Enjoy your weekend! :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 1/27/2006 3:24 PM  

Maybe keep the extra backstitching for last? Decide as you go around them which way you wish to go..victorian or modern. 60 degrees! Send some of that over here...it's freezing! But then again, if it doesn't stay real cold long enough we'll have major problems with skeeters and blackflies.

By Blogger Bastet, at 1/27/2006 10:31 PM  

At the moment I'm tempted to say "go with the backstitching" but I agree with the others - it may look totally different once the rest of the stitching is done, so I'd wait until the end before deciding ... looks like it's stitching up quite quickly :)

By Blogger Anne S, at 1/27/2006 10:50 PM  

My DH and I took a ballroom dancing course. I have two left feet and no sense of timing. It became torture!

I tend to go for backstitching, but I agree that watiting till its done to make the final decision.

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 1/28/2006 5:54 AM  

I would backstitch after completing the project, just in case. Here in France, there are very few designs with backstitch, and even then, there is very little to do.
These Victorian designs sure may not require backstitch, but it's up to you to decide in the end... At the moment, when I see the pic (but the rose is small), I think it's just great! That's it!
Fine weather, but we should wish you some rain? OK! I wish you some rain every night, and sunny days! Hope it works!
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/29/2006 5:39 AM  

I say let it be first... finish everything off then you decide ;) great progress btw!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 1/30/2006 3:10 AM  

I would do backstitching on the roses. Good progress. Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2006 9:04 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home