In Stitches

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It Was Right Where I Left It...

the cord for the camera, that is. ;) My sweet, considerate hubby had wound it up all nice and neat and put a twist tie on it. NO WONDER I COULDN'T FIND IT! LOL Here I am looking for a loose tangle of a thing and it's transformed into a bit of cord symmetry with perferct proportions and a tiny little twistie, making it look as if it just came out of the packaging. (sigh) In case Greg is reading this, I tossed the twistie, I just can't be bothered with all that perfection and symmetry. It plays too much into my somewhat obsessive compulsive nature...and I don't want to constantly be looking for the twistie. (Yes, I'm lazy that way.) hee, hee

Here is my latest pic of "What is Home", it's not the one from yesterday. I did some more work on it last night, so it's "current".

Image hosting by Photobucket


I really like these colors. At first I thought I didn't, but the more of it I get done the more I like it. It doesn't really have an antique feel, but just feels crisp. It's going fast considering how big the thing is and that I am currently distracted by a book.

Greg is still working away on his project. Maybe he will have time to make a post tonite. If you haven't read his last post, it was a lot of fun.

And now I am just curious. I am currently reading the "Time Travelers Wife" by Audrey Neffenegger. I am at the more than half way point and am curious if anyone else has read it and what their opinions are (preferably positive/but all are welcome).

Happy Stitching!

9 comment(s):

I haven't read that yet, but now you've got me curious about it. I'll have a look in the library.

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 1/24/2006 3:54 PM  

Wow Kim, that new project looks huge! And you've made good progress already :)

Had to laugh at your cord story. :D I too like a little bit of "life" into things - not that I like mess, but perfect tidiness is not my thing either! ;)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 1/24/2006 3:55 PM  

What is home is very vibrant. Keep up the good work.

By Blogger Bastet, at 1/24/2006 6:30 PM  

I thought I'd pay your blog a visit too :o) This is a very cozy place you've got here, and I'm positively jealous of your finishing of BC's The Seasons!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 1/25/2006 3:31 AM  

Contact Karen from Karen's stuff: she makes book reviews, she reviewed this one and considers it's the best one she read in 2005.
I'm trying to find a copy of it myself because I'm kinda curious...
Your project uses very beautiful colours, indeed!
Now I'm off to Greg's blog. Take care!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/25/2006 7:26 AM  

looking good,it is stitching up pretty quickly,we all like those sorts of projects

By Blogger Shell, at 1/25/2006 8:33 AM  

That's a lifelesson I already learned: look at least 6 times on the spot you expect something to be. It always turns up there, no matter how well you have been looking before...
You're making good progress on your project. I'm stitching again too and I just love it!
have a great day

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2006 7:47 AM  

Hi! I have just tried to add a pic to my profile, so I'm trying it on your blog... Erase if you want to: I know you can do it...
Looking forward to reading your five answer quizz...
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/26/2006 10:51 AM  

Please excuse - am typing this with one hand - kittie is sleeping on my other arm - anyways, Time Traveler's Wife was my favourite read by a new author last year. I even suggested it for my bookclub group and read it a second time in one year. So funny, so facinating, so sad. Wonderful. Hope that you love it too.

By Blogger Crazee4books, at 1/28/2006 8:04 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home