In Stitches

Monday, January 30, 2006

Give me an "M"!

Hope all your weekends were fun and/or productive! Mine was a bit of both, although I was struck by a major case of the lazies yesterday.

It took me 3 days to stitch the "M" on my project. This is a giant M and had loads of backstitching around it, in fact it's the only letter on the project that has a lot of backstitching. The E on home has a tiny bit, but the M far and away out does this. I like the backstitching aaaanndd I don't. LOL

It does bulk up the M and give's it the look of calligraphy, but I'm not sure I like the "dotted line" look of it. I tried making the stitches longer, but that looked horrible. ;) I'm sure seen at a distance you won't be able to tell and I'm being to hypercritical. I think I just looked at it for too long. LOL

Overall it's looking great! I got the frame for it at Hobby Lobby, they had 40% off coupons last week, so I got a good deal on a 12"x24" frame. It may need a bit of a mat on it, but we will see when it's complete.

Siouxsie from Isolated Needle sent me this great package for my birthday! I got it on Friday and was so surprised at how generous and kind she was! She sent wonderful candles, a decadent smelling soap and this cross stitch magazine I had never seen before. The magazine has lots of great tips and some cute charts in it. What a wonderful treat! Thanks so much Siouxsie!!

13 comment(s):

Yep! I tried to look at the M for too long, and now I see dotted lines everywhere, but as they're very very close to each other, it means it's not time to override... What did you smoke during the week end?! This is a very elegant M!

Siouxsie is a very special person, very secret and discrete, and so very kind! And talented (she knits like a Goddess!). Hugs to you, Siouxsie!

And hugs to you, Kim!

Did Greg make a new post lately, by any chance? Time to check, I love his funny spiritual posts!

Take care!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/30/2006 2:55 PM  

Great birthday gift :) And your WIP is just zooming along ... I like the look of the M :)

By Blogger Anne S, at 1/30/2006 3:28 PM  

Hey Kim, am absolutely in love with your 'Home' project. The M looks positively luscious, if there is such a thing as luscious writing. Or stitching. Either way, don't mind the dotted line. I never noticed it.
New Stitches is a great mag, isn't it? I have some oldies lying around. Don't know if you'd be interested? You're welcome to have them.

By Blogger Annemarie, at 1/30/2006 4:13 PM  

Your home project looks really, really good. Hope you had a nice birthday

By Blogger Susimac, at 1/30/2006 4:15 PM  

I think your "M" looks g-r-e-a-t!

By Blogger Carol, at 1/30/2006 5:41 PM  

sheesh!! it sure took a while to reach you!!, told you Nebraska sounds adventurous!, glad you liked the gifts, as always your stitching is beautiful

By Blogger siouxsiesweets, at 1/31/2006 2:19 PM  

How funny to follow your tracks on other blogs! Have a good night (time for me!), Cherokee Kim!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/31/2006 3:37 PM  

The M looks wonderful. If you get too critical on how it looks..prop it up against something (or make DH hold it) and step back a few feet. I've done that in the past when I wasn't sure if something looked right or not. Congrats on the birthday present, lots of goodies.

By Blogger Bastet, at 1/31/2006 9:32 PM  

i think the M looks great Kim!!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 2/01/2006 5:02 AM  

your whole stitching project is growing so fast! I'm sure you don't see the backstitching on the M in a little while.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2006 5:10 AM  

I think we've all had that before, that looking too long & too close at a project starts to make it look "weird" or wrong somehow. I agree with everyone else, the M looks great.

Your birthday treats look like a lot of fun!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 2/01/2006 7:28 AM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM! Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2006 9:06 AM  

Hiya Kim, Well I am trying to think of a word for that "M" that has not already been used by my fellow bloggers - its stunning!! I love the saying, its so true - which must have made it more of a delight to stitch.

Happy, happy day to you, hope you have enjoyed being special :-)

By Blogger Alison, at 2/01/2006 11:46 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home