In Stitches

Friday, February 17, 2006

Commenting on Comments

Before I answer this week's SBQ, I want to say thanks for all the nice comments on "What is Home". :D Jenna asked if this frame was made by Greg's dad, sadly no it wasn't. But I did get it on sale! ;)

On Alice, thanks for all the great comments and suggestions. I LOVE suggestions. :D Jenna and Coral, thanks for the suggestion on mat boards to keep from squashing the beads and threads. If I can I will definately use a mat board for this, not sure if there will be room based on the size of the project. So I will wait on beads till I am sure. And thanks to all of you who commented on the purple. Once I got used to the idea that the pattern was *meant* to have the "A" purple I realized that it would be silly to change the color. The purple coordinates with all the other colors in the pattern and now that I am seeing more of it I am liking it. :D It did however make me re-evaluate how I will finish the frame I have for this. But I'm not giving that info away for now. ;)

SBQ:
Comment on your comments (giving and receiving): Do you love comments or hate them? Do you check them every day, never check them, or find them helpful? And finally, are you convinced no one is reading your blog if you don’t get any?

Obviously I LOVE comments! I can't imagine not loving them, unless they are negative. Fortunately I haven't gotten any negative ones and hope not too. :D I check them all the time, I am constantly going back to see if I have new comments and I do find the suggestions that people offer VERY helpful. I wouldn't ask opinions if I didn't want them. So I greatly appreciate it when y'all stop by and leave helpful hints. As above I was worried about crushing the beads and hadn't even thought about the fact that a simple mat would solve the problem. :D That's what I love about stitching blogging, it's a great way to get lots of great tips and hints that I wouldn't find otherwise (at least not without a lot of trouble).

Am I convinced no one is reading my blog if I don't get comments, well I guess I hadn't thought about it. Before I came to blogger I didn't get many comments. I blogged because I liked too share with my good friend and that was my motivation. Getting more comments is definately a bonus and I'm sure a lot more people probably stop by than comment, but I'm sure there are at least 1 or 2 people who consistently read my blog and never comment. ;) So I won't be stopping any time soon. :D

Thanks to all of you who stop by and all of you who comment! I really, truly appreciate each and every nice thing you have to say and it gives me a great deal of inspiration! Happy stitching!

7 comment(s):

What is Home looks wonderful!

Have a great weekend!

By Blogger Dawn T., at 2/17/2006 9:55 AM  

Good luck with Alice over the weekend, its really starting to come to life now! Enjoy yourself Ali xx

By Blogger Alison, at 2/17/2006 10:32 AM  

Actually, I wasn't thinking of a mat, but that's an even easier suggestion! If a mat won't work, there are plastic spacers that you can buy, as well. They are very narrow strips and the ones I bought had a strip of adhesive on one side. They were 1/8" thick and provided a nice space for the ribbon embroidery design that I was framing. I purchased them at the frame shop, so hopefully you'll be able to find them if you need them.

And sorry for the brain lapse on the question about the frame for What is Home. Duh! I now remember what that one looked like and I wasn't even close. What was I thinking? LOL

Have a great weekend!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/17/2006 4:55 PM  

i really love the way it looked in the frame.. so perfect!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 2/17/2006 7:22 PM  

Comments: you're welcome! I think I even prefer commenting than writing my blog! LOL!
Take care!

By Blogger Leeland, at 2/18/2006 4:19 AM  

okay, so we can go on commenting...
sometimes I don't understand every detail of an entry because of the language and sometimes it's even harder to give technical comments.
but I'm very good at saying nice things, so.... :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2006 5:40 AM  

Hi Kim! Just checking in. Your Alice In Wonderland looks great. How're you feeling?

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 2/20/2006 8:39 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home