In Stitches

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Behind the Mask!

First off let me say - "Happy Fat Tuesday!" It looks like New Orleans is having quite the party! I hope everyone out there has a great day! :D

In my last post I mentioned how I had added a new counter to my blog and encouraged all lurkers to drop their masks and leave a comment where they had not done so before. LOL Well I was quite surprised that a few of you mentioned that you would like to also add a counter and find out who has been secretly visiting. ;)

When I thought to add a counter I realized that it wasn't enough for me (info junkie) to see "how many" people stopped by, but I wanted to know where they came from. I do some web work so I knew it was possible to make this happen. So after some looking I found this link: Active Meter that is an all around *free* web stats site. It not only tells me how many people visit, but where they come from. The first time I went to see who my visitors were I was quite surprised at not only how many people come by but all the different places they came from as well. It was refreshing to know that not all the visitors were spammers. ;) And I realized that a lot of people do look, but never comment. Sadly I am also guilty of doing this, looking but not leaving comments. For my own self I am going to endeavor to not just be a lurker and I encourage you all to do the same. It's amazing how just the simplest of comments can make someone's day (I know from my own experience). And with the fast pace that we live it seems we don't get the kudos we need. You know the old adage "the more you give, the more you receive", well corny it may be, but it's also true.

So thanks to all of you who leave comments and thanks to all of you who just stop by and silently visit. I'm glad to know that so many people enjoy the wacky things I have to say. ;)

Happy Stitching!

11 comment(s):

Just stopped in, so... Hi!
Wanted you to know I was here!
=P
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 2/28/2006 9:28 AM  

I "copied" your counter from your blog, and I am very surprised at the discrepancy between the number of comments and number of visits...
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 2/28/2006 11:48 AM  

look here http://mapstats.blogflux.com/49.html
not only will you see where the people are from, but you'll see from what website they came from, and what keywords they used....

Loads of people read without commenting, I know, I'm one of them ;) It's just that sometimes we don't know what to say, or somebody else already said it, so what's the point?

By Blogger AngelSan, at 2/28/2006 1:32 PM  

Greetings from another former lurker :o) I'm going to steal that link off you and check out my own sneaky visitors.

By Blogger Annemarie, at 2/28/2006 1:53 PM  

I'm so happy to be leaving a comment! They finally got me a replacement computer and I'm happily catching up on everyone's doings and projects. Thanks so much, Kim, for your supportive comments and email during this difficult time. I really appreciate it!!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 2/28/2006 2:55 PM  

Hi Kim,
the party in New Orleans was on our newsitems too, so we can see the hope they have.
I give comments, but not all the time! Sometimes I visit without leaving a trace, at least I think I am.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2006 3:26 PM  

Here is a comment from The Lurking Hubby! lol Anyway, I just wanted to leave my mark just like all the rest of us Lurkers... ;-p Chat laterz!!!

By Blogger gC, at 2/28/2006 7:23 PM  

Hi Kim!

I'm very guilty of not leaving comments much! I'll try and remember to leave you more!!

I've been using Site Meter on my Blog and I noticed it's been telling me where people are from now too. And where they clicked from. I wonder sometimes if all these people are really reading my nonsense? LOL I almost never say much more then stitching stuff ;)

By Blogger Butterfly Amy, at 2/28/2006 8:06 PM  

Hi Kim,
Thanks for the link to the counter. Will give it a try. :D

By Blogger Von, at 3/01/2006 5:16 PM  

lol Kim... now everyone will have that counter on their blog :)

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 3/01/2006 9:19 PM  

I've enjoyed catching up on your blog today - I'm sooo behind in reading, that I've decided I'm not moving from this spot until I'm all caught up! (Guess I'm have takeaways for tea tonight LOL.) Great to see your happy dance for both your Mum's piece, which turned out great all framed up :) I have to say, too, your Alice piece is absolutely gorgeous - looks like a great project to stitch, really fun :) Sometimes I worry about apartment living for that same thing that happened to you - to a certain extent you're at the mercy of other people's actions. I'm on the top floor, and the maintenance guy told me to always switch the taps off etc for the washing machine for that reason, so that if the pipes ever burst, it wouldn't flood downstairs ... sorry to hear about your wakeup call, but glad to hear it all got fixed up so quickly and efficiently :D Also, like others, I'm off to check out those counters - sounds intriguing ...

By Blogger Anne S, at 3/02/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home