In Stitches

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Can you say...

IRONY?

This is the *first* day of Spring:

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

The first picture is of my car "after" the storm, based on the ruler there is 7.5 inches of snow on it. The second picture is from our front window during the storm, poor squirrel trying to look for breakfast.

We got a total of 13 inches of snow on Monday. This storm was so bad that they closed the place I work at for 2 days. I've worked here for 7 years and I have NEVER had 2 snow days in a row. Greg stayed home the first day. We live in Lincoln, he works in Omaha which is about 60 miles away. I just didn't think it'd be safe for him to drive to work on Monday. But apparently Omaha didn't get nearly as much snow as we did cuz his job never did close down. I-80 from the Wyoming border to Lincoln was *totally* shut down. I can't even imagine this, the WHOLE interstate shut down, that's like 400 miles of road. I guess we got all our winter in one fell swoop. LOL At least it's already melting and it's supposed to be up around 47F by Sunday, so the snow shouldn't last long. So how was *your* weekend? ;D

I also FINISHED Alice! Hooray!!! I finished on Sunday and am glad to be done. The last bit of Japan gold was a royal pain. But it looks so fantastic! I can't wait to get the frame done and see it all come together. :D

Image hosting by Photobucket


I also started on the High Wheel bike for Greg. You can see the booklet on the left. Here is my progress so far.

Image hosting by Photobucket


I have to say I'm quite proud of this, as I didn't have a copy to work from and I worked straight from the book w/out marking it. This is quite a deal for me as I have a hard time keeping track w/out marking rows off as I go. This pattern contains a lot of blended threads which are can be tricky as the colors are so similar. Greg is so happy though, cuz he really loves this pattern. :D

Hope everyone's week is going great! Happy stitching!

20 comment(s):

Ouch! Yep it must me quite disheartening to get snow at that time. I hear there has been snow in some parts of France today. Ouch!! :(

Congrats on finishing Alice! Can't wait to see how you'll frame her :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 3/22/2006 12:57 PM  

the whole worldclimate seems to be confused. today was the opening of 'Keukenhof Tulip Garden', a park that only opens during spring with lots and lots of flowers.
well: no flowers in the park this year! :-)
hope you get rid of the snow soon! it's springtime!

alice is great!
and good luck with the project for Greg, that's challenging.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2006 4:25 PM  

Alice looks great!! Congratulations

By Blogger Carol, at 3/22/2006 8:11 PM  

Sometimes Winter just won't let go will it! Hope you'll soon see daffodils and tulips brightening the landscape!

By Blogger Von, at 3/22/2006 10:26 PM  

Alice is a true wonder! Congrats, Kim!
I tried to see the weather on Greg's link, but never got to reach the page when typing "Lincoln Nebraska"... Although seeing that you weren't on the internet confirmed the tempest announcement... We have had a few snowflakes -very discrete- two days ago... but never had the chance to make a snowman this winter! Your pics are great!
And you have already worked hard on the bike! The two of you stitching bikes at the moment is a clear announcement of spring!
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 3/23/2006 12:45 AM  

Congratulations on finishing Alice - can't wait to see her framed :o)

Brrr... all that snow is making me feel chilly!

By Blogger Samantha, at 3/23/2006 12:57 AM  

Hey there! Good job on finsihing Alice!!! It looks great! Have fun with your new project for Greg! and be careful in all that snow!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 3/23/2006 7:28 AM  

Alice looks fantastic! After seeing your WIP pics on it I finally broke down and bought that chart, see what you've done to me? Hehehe!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2006 9:01 AM  

Congrat on finishing Alice!! Great job!

I used to live in Omaha so I remeber those lovely snowstorms. :)

By Blogger Dawn T., at 3/23/2006 9:44 AM  

congrats!!!! Alice is lovely! :)

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 3/23/2006 11:42 PM  

It may have been a pain to stitch with, but the metallic thread does lend Alice a magical touch, doesn't it? Congrats on your finish!
You must be so tired of the snow. Over here, we're all tired of the cold, but snow...That would be too much to bear. Poor you. Hope it's gone by now.

By Blogger Annemarie, at 3/24/2006 2:16 AM  

We got "snow" in VA on the first day of spring, too. But nothing that amounted to anything. I see that you didn't get off quite so easily. It sounds like some good stitching days, though. ;)

By Blogger Juanita, at 3/24/2006 12:03 PM  

Alice looks so awesome! Congratulations on a great finish, stitched so quickly, too. I can't wait to see it framed!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/24/2006 12:54 PM  

Hi! Alice looks wonderful!! :) Great finish!! I know how you feel about the first day of Spring..LOL It was chilly and a bit snowy here in Va! I think Mother Nature got confused this year! LOL

Have a good day!

Ash

By Blogger Stitch, at 3/24/2006 9:52 PM  

Alice looks great, I bet you are very pleased with it.The weather seems a little confused at the moment,today was the first Spring like day here though.

By Blogger Shell, at 3/25/2006 8:14 AM  

Holy smokes, that's some way for Spring to blast in! That poor squirrel. That's such a funny picture, though. I hope by now it's all melted and the crocus are poking their bright little heads up.

Love Alice, btw!!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 3/25/2006 9:08 AM  

Oh wow, see what happens when I turn my back compliments of visitors - Alice is all finished!! Congrats on a wonderful job - it's just beautiful. It's no wonder you didn't want the stitching to end, it looks like a really fun piece to stitch, and the metallic thread just tops it all off nicely - woohoo! :D Even though it's a pain to stitch, the bike one is looking good already! :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 3/26/2006 10:39 PM  

Wow, alice looks Fabulous!!!

I love pic of the poor little squirrel. When Bren and I were in the States last year I just fell in love with squirrels and chipmonks. Not something we have here in Australia unfortunately:)

By Blogger Karen's Blog, at 3/28/2006 5:41 AM  

Hi Kim, just dropping by to see if you're ok? :) *hugs*

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 3/29/2006 7:19 PM  

Wow Alice is amazing. I am a newby to blogging, but found your blog by searching the Internet on how to make flat folds. Thanks for the instructions, definately a neat way to display small pictures :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/30/2006 7:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home