In Stitches

Monday, March 13, 2006

A Little Alice

First off, thanks to everyone for their concern about my tire debacle. Fortunately I didn't get a flat! Hooray! And I have to give kudos to the apartment maintenance men cuz that smashed beer bottle was totally gone when I got home. Trust me that would've never been the case at the last place I lived.

I worked some more on Alice and now you can see her pretty face. Her face and hair take a long time to do as it's a few stitches here and there. So although it doesn't seem like I did much I actually worked on her quite a bit. I spent all Friday evening watching Sci Fi channel and alternately booing and cheering my favorite sci fi shows while I stitched on her. Friday night sci fi is Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis and then Battlestar Galactica. I wasn't surprised by either Stargate finales, but was blown away by BSG. The thing I booed the most though was that instead of a July season starter for BSG they have pushed it back to October. I was most annoyed as I have quite enjoyed watching these shows during the summer when there is NOTHING on. I hope this doesn't mean that they are turning it into more of a "regular" tv show - like Lost. I really like Lost, but the programming schedule blows chunks. One week it's a new show, the next two it's repeats. It's been like this for months and it makes it hard to stay interested in it. On BSG it's been a new show every week till the season finale and then a break of 3 months and then start again. I hope they don't screw it up cuz it won't be the same if they are constantly throwing repeats into the mix. That said if you are a BSG fan how could you not LOVE this finale. It was mind blowing. :D

Now onto Alice:

Image hosting by Photobucket


I finished her face and most of her hair. She has the prettiest face, so sweet...but not necessarily a 7 year olds, more like a teenager to me. Still I love how it's looking and next will be Mr. Mad Hatter. Then it's pretty well finished except for filling in the Japan thread. I am actually dragging my feet on finishing. Silly really, but I just like working on it. I haven't decided what to work on next, but Greg is pushing for this very kewl high wheeler bicycle pattern. So I may do that for him, his birthday is coming up in May after all. ;)

We had the strangest weather yesterday, lots of itty bitty hail. It was the strangest thing to see. Not damaging though, thank goodness. I think we are in for some wild tornado season weather. Maybe I should look into some Ruby Slippers. LOL, LOL

14 comment(s):

I am so loving watching Alice come to life on your fabric!! She is lovely, and your project shows this design off much better than the shot they use on all the ONS websites.

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 3/13/2006 3:48 PM  

I agree with Barbara. It's fun watching you bring this design to life! I'm sure you'll find something else just as interesting to work on next. ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2006 4:11 PM  

She looks so pretty,great work

By Blogger Shell, at 3/14/2006 6:30 AM  

We can clearly see the work you have made on Alice! I do agree that she doesn't look like a child... This is bewildering.
Glad to read about the tyre and the maintenance, it sure helps you feel good in a place...
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 3/14/2006 9:14 AM  

It looks great!!

By Blogger Dawn T., at 3/14/2006 10:49 AM  

Its really lovely watching this come alive Alice is really lovely. I'm enjoying watching your progress.

By Blogger Susimac, at 3/14/2006 11:09 AM  

You're making great progress on little Alice. I can imagine she's younger. Teenagers are so worldwise these days, Alice is still fresh. But maybe that's only my thinking.
We have strange weather here too. It's almost the coldest of the whole winter. It's freezing, we can almost skate (almost...).
enjoy stitching the rest of Alice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/14/2006 3:00 PM  

Alice is looking fabulous. What a great job you are doing:)

By Blogger Karen's Blog, at 3/15/2006 1:54 AM  

Wowie, Alice looks lovely! Watching your progress, I notice all sorts of things that escaped me when looking at the picture you provided earlier!
I have no idea what you're going on about re. the sci-fi channel. We got a decoder for digital tv last Saturday, and since then, I have been watching a channel called E Entertainment. That's all I need to get me through the day!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 3/15/2006 3:14 AM  

Wow! I've never seen another WIP of Alice before - yours looks fabulous Kim :o)

By Blogger Samantha, at 3/15/2006 10:39 AM  

Alice looks like a fun stitch, great progress!

By Blogger Gill, at 3/15/2006 3:07 PM  

Alice is looking so lovely. :D

By Blogger Von, at 3/15/2006 6:59 PM  

you're breezing along... WTG!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 3/16/2006 3:07 AM  

Wow! you are coming along wonderfully with Alice! I think a happy dance is soon to come!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 3/17/2006 11:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home