In Stitches

Friday, March 10, 2006

Looking for the Mad Hatter

I'm well on my way to finishing this project. The cat is done and I'm working on the lower part of the project. The rest of the face will take a bit as it's just small stitches of color. Then when I'm all done I will go back and add the random bits of color where the beads should've been and the Japan thread which I'm saving till last. I think I actually like the substitution of the Kreiniks for the beads as they have a more sparkly effect to them that fits this project very well. The cat turned out so fantastic. It's hard to see it in this picture, but he has this purply glow that's so kewl! :D

I have another of Lynne Nicoletti's patterns called Alladin that I am seriously thinking of stitching after I finish this one. It's actually not quite as complex as this one is, although it has loads of beads on it. But if I go ahead and stitch it it will be the last of her patterns that I have and sadly at this time none of her other patterns appeal to me. Plus I have so many other projects to stitch that it's hard to decide which way to go. ;)

Not much else going on...it's supposed to be quite warm today (62F), but by Monday we might have snow? That's spring for you. LOL

This morning as I was backing out of my parking lot, I hear this loud crunching noise. I look back and I see that someone has put a beer bottle right under my car tire. How *kind* of them...not. But I suppose if you sit on your brains all day it's hard to think straight from severe oxygen deprivation. ;p I am hoping that I don't come out to a flat this afternoon.

So happy weekend, hope everyone has a great time! :D

9 comment(s):

The cat's turning out great! But I think the rabbit's my favourite. It has always been...
I think I'd make a break between two Nicoletti projects, just to be able to look forward to the next. But on the other hand, one of my fellow French stitchers told me that it happened to her a couple of times to keep some gorgeous projects for a special time, and finally not feel like stitching it anymore... which made me seriously reconsider a few things...
Sorry to read about that stupid bottle... drinker! I also hope you don't have a flat tyre, but that would be surprising...
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 3/10/2006 11:15 AM  

I hope you don't end up with a flat tire.

Have a great weekend!

By Blogger Dawn T., at 3/10/2006 12:05 PM  

I'm really enjoying your progress pics - I love this design, and of course I adore Alice in Wonderland.

How's your tire tonight?

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 3/10/2006 1:16 PM  

Sheesh, I don't keep up for a couple of days and poof, there's more progress! ;) I had to laugh at your comment about oxygen deprivation from sitting on their heads all day... good one! I hope that your tire isn't flat and that you have a wonderful weekend with this wild weather. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/10/2006 4:28 PM  

Lovely looking so far. I look forward to seeing it finished. I have only one of Lynne Nicoletti's patterns...Pirate Map...which I can't wait to stitch.

By Blogger My Life In Stitches, at 3/11/2006 6:43 AM  

It's looking really great!!!

By Blogger BeckySC, at 3/11/2006 11:12 PM  

I have no Lynne Nicoletti charts, but hearing you rave about this one surely is inspiring! I would love to stitch some more literature-related projects to hang in my stitching room/library/study at home!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 3/12/2006 1:46 AM  

The piece is turning out wonderfully. I can't wait to see the next update. Aladin looks like it will be an interesting stitch.

By Blogger Bastet, at 3/12/2006 8:18 PM  

This is turning out very cool... love watching your progress.

Hope the weather stays nice, and 'no more snow'! (I'm ready for spring.)

By Blogger Myrna, at 3/12/2006 9:49 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home