In Stitches

Friday, March 17, 2006

Celebrate the Green Day

Happy St. Paddy's Day! I was just thinking how funny it is that I celebrate St. Patrick's Day every year. I am part Irish (and German and British and Cherokee) but I don't think it's the fact that my grandfather was Irish that makes me love this day. It's the GREEN, definately all the green. After months of depressing grey outside, everyone (well most everyone) dons a bit o' green. And it's cheery and a reminder that spring is out there hovering around the corner with it's pretty pastels and lots and lots of GREEN! So even if you aren't Irish and could give a hoot about St. Paddy, who can resist the pull of the GREEN! ;)

I have been working away on Alice and sadly she's nearly done. I am down to the Mad Hatter and then the sporadic sparkles of color and it's all over except the framing. (big sigh) I will miss working on Alice. But I will be glad to move onto a different project. I was looking at the high wheeler bike that Greg would like me to stitch and it's a doozy. It's NOT as easy as it first appears, it's full of blended threads and the long stitches for the spokes are a bit daunting, but I know how much he will love it so I think I will start it next. :D Here's an update of Alice:

Image hosting by Photobucket


We are supposed to get a mother of a storm this weekend. It's so unpredictable that the weather guessers won't even give a *hint* of how much snow we might get. LOL They just don't know. But if it is as much as they are "speculating" we just *might* get a snow day out of it. One last blast of winter and then it's SPRING! ;D

I hope everybody has a happy and snow free weekend! :D

11 comment(s):

Alice is such a great project! You really zipped through that one. Can't wait to see how you'll frame it!!

Have a great weekend, Kim! :) Thanks ever so much for your continued support on my blog :) :) :) (((hugs!)))

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 3/18/2006 3:04 AM  

I love green too! And like St Patrick's day for this reason. Don't think I have any Irish blood.

"sadly she's nearly done"! Never read that kind of statement before. You're a weird wonderful person!
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 3/18/2006 11:20 AM  

for St.Patrick's day, I went down to a pub to hear friends of mine play. I don't think I've done the lots of green theme since grade school.
Alice is really coming together in leaps and bounds.

By Blogger Bastet, at 3/18/2006 5:45 PM  

You're right Kim, it's the green that is finally appearing on the surrounding hills and popping out of the ground in the form of daffodils and tulips, that's just so cheery!
Alice is almost finished and looking so great!

By Blogger Von, at 3/19/2006 2:01 AM  

Alice looks great!! I hope the snowstorm isn't too bad. As normal all we are gettting is rain.

By Blogger Dawn T., at 3/19/2006 10:00 AM  

I'm almost sorry that Alice is nearing completion - I have so enjoyed your pictures of this project!

Hope you survived the snowstorm without difficulty!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 3/19/2006 12:53 PM  

you're really fast with Alice!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 3/20/2006 5:50 AM  

Hi, I have read you blog and I love it. Alice is so beautiful! I wish I could Stitch as well as you!
Sandy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/21/2006 5:26 PM  

alice looks stunning, well done on the stitching, here there is no spring yet, just icy air!!!

By Blogger siouxsiesweets, at 3/22/2006 2:32 AM  

Sorry for not visiting earlier, Kim. I'm usually rather faithful... Alice is great! You must be sad to be nearing the finish line. And as for the bike you intend to stitch for Greg: just go for ir! As soon as you're working on it, the solutions to the difficult part will present themselves on a platter!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 3/22/2006 6:30 AM  

I think you are right about the green -- a promise of spring being nearer and nearer!

Alice is coming along great... I've enjoyed watching the progress pictures.

Hugs and stitches...

By Blogger Myrna, at 3/22/2006 8:22 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home