In Stitches

Friday, March 31, 2006

Remember Those Ruby Slippers

The ones that I mentioned that I "might" need before long...well yesterday was the day! Holy Cow! The weather yesterday was INCREDIBLE! A huge storm blew through and I was on my way to a class when I got slammed by torrential rain walking out to my car. I was drenched in a matter of seconds! So I finish the afternoon class and head to the gym where I can watch tv while I work out (makes it easy to keep up with my soap operas ;D ). The news channels start going crazy saying there's a tornado warning up in Omaha, you remember, the place where *Greg* works. The worst part is that it's nearly time for him to *leave* work. I'm watching this worried about what he might be caught in and apparently I had good reason to be. (You can read about that on his blog.) This is what hit parts of Omaha yesterday afternoon:

Image hosting by Photobucket


Yes people, THAT is a tornado! Some guy was driving along and saw it, jumped out and snapped a pic with his handy dandy cell phone. Now me, I would've gotten the hell out of there as I have no desire to meet little people with a fetish for lollipops and yellow bricks. ;D

Needless to say it's been a crazy couple of weeks, last week it's a freezing blizzard and this week it's tropical with tornados. This is the only place I've ever lived where you could wear a parka and shorts within days of each other. ;)

I have been a busy woman this week, had a lot of classes for work so I haven't been around my computer much. Honestly I only missed it a little. ;) And I haven't been stitching madly either, I think I'm in a bit of a slump. But I do have this update pic:

Image hosting by Photobucket


I decided to change the letters in the banner from black to a nice red. Greg picked out a Weeks color, can't remember the name right now... And I'm also going to put in some Kreinik black #4 braid on another part of the project, just to jazz it up a bit. Hopefully I will get inspired, if I'm not hiding in the bathroom from another tornado!

Hope everyone had a great week and enjoys their weekend! Happy stitching!

14 comment(s):

Looks like pretty scary weather!!

I look forward to your progress on the bicycle. I really enjoyed watching your Alice come to life. :-)

By Blogger Myrna, at 3/31/2006 5:18 PM  

High Wheeler is looking good! I like that you are customizing a little bit to make it unique for Greg. I'm glad he was unaffected by that tornado - YIKES! Stay safe, Kim!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/31/2006 9:07 PM  

Oh my! How worrying it must be! What counts is that the two of you get together in good shape at the end of the day, which you seem to have done...
Stitching slump? You didn't feel like stitching that bike, did you? Well, Greg has almost finished his, so may be he could help you? lol!

By Blogger Leeland, at 4/01/2006 1:50 AM  

Oy, Kim! I would have been busting my little butt out of there! Tornadoes are on my all time fear list. Stay safe!

By Blogger Schokti, at 4/01/2006 10:17 AM  

Hi Kim,
there have been some weatherchanges indeed. and Greg is warned not to wish for anything anymore...
glad you're both safe and sound. Greg made some great progress on the bike design and you have started a new one already too!
have a nice and dry weekend.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2006 1:28 PM  

Wow, Kim, what extreme weather changes you have. I think the only thing you can do in times like this, is stay inside and stitch...but I think you knew that :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2006 4:29 PM  

Oh my gosh!!! I was reading with high anxiety until I got to the end and got to see you and yours were not actually in the tornado - whew! Stay safe - the weather is getting weird everywhere lately!

By Blogger Carol, at 4/01/2006 8:02 PM  

Wow, what scary weather! I've only seen them on TV, hopefully I'll never see one up close. I thought earthquakes when I lived in Calif. were bad enough! Will be watching your progress on High Wheeler, curious to see how it progresses.

By Blogger Pam @ Heart2Heart, at 4/02/2006 10:59 PM  

Stay safe from that wild weather!!

Looking forward to your next progress pics, as always. :-)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 4/03/2006 5:32 AM  

That pic of the tornado look scary!! I'm glad you guys are ok.
Stay safe..

By Blogger Carol, at 4/03/2006 5:10 PM  

wow Kim.. that looks SCARY!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 4/04/2006 8:07 PM  

Hi Kim. It's great to be back and get to visit your blog. What a kewl pic of the tornado. Here in IL, we've had warning after warning, with destruction all around us, but so far, we've been spared, with the exception of thunderstorms and hail, but it has been very frightening at times. Like you, we're in tornado alley, so it's to be expected.

Can't wait to see High Wheeler progress!

Oh, and I probably WILL pop my air cast, lol. All I can visualize is a blow-up pool toy wrapped around my leg.

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 4/05/2006 5:40 PM  

Hang in there, Kim! I am in a sorta slump myself! It seems like there are a lot of us in a slump right now. Is it catchy? =P have a good weekend!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 4/06/2006 9:50 AM  

Kim, I'm so glad you and Greg have made it through those terrible storms. And tonight those poor people in Tennesee are getting hit. Stay close to that storm cellar! :D

By Blogger Von, at 4/07/2006 11:18 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home