In Stitches

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Picture Perfect World

The weather here has finally improved significantly! Trees are blooming and leafing out all over, it's quite amazing. The picture below is from just outside my office. I work at a university and like many universities it is quite park like in it's setting. I really enjoy just getting out and walking as it is always beautiful here any time of the year. Spring though is particularly breathtaking!

Image hosting by Photobucket


I don't know about most of you, but I LOVE the smell of fresh cut grass. Nothing says warm weather is here more than that smell! They cut the grass just before I took this picture and I can still hear the lawnmower now. It's a sound I always associate with warm days and lemonade or ice tea. ;)

I have been plugging away at the highwheeler and am nearly done with the stitching. I have to say that this one took much longer than I had intended, mainly because it just hasn't inspired me. I will be glad when it's done, although I don't look forward to all the backstitching or longstitching the spokes of the bike. That said it is a pretty picture and I know that Greg really loves it. :D

Image hosting by Photobucket


I also finally got the frame for Alice painted and fixed up the way I want it, now to get her in it. I can't wait to share it with you. :D

Hope everyone is having a great week and enjoying spring! :D

9 comment(s):

You've done such a great job on High Wheeler. What will you work on next? I can't wait to see Alice framed!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/19/2006 12:22 PM  

I like this design! It is really effective and looks a relatively quick stitch. It looks really good, well done!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2006 3:45 AM  

Duh ! I can't see any of your pictures today Kim :( What a pity! I guess it's a problem of Photobucket's. Hopefully they'll be back soon on my side! :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 4/20/2006 4:37 AM  

I can see the pictures this afternoon! :) That's a beautiful picture and your project for Greg is coming along reallt nicely! :D

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 4/20/2006 7:51 AM  

High Wheeler is looking great...and I agree with you about the smell of cut grass :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2006 12:39 AM  

Is this what you can see from your desk? It's so peaceful! Unfortunately, the universities around here are not that green...
I am really looking forward to seeing Alice framed (even dreamed of it last night!).
I can understand why you're looking forward to finishing this project, but I agree with Greg that it is a beautiful one: nostalgia... And in a sense, is there much difference between Greg on his bent bike and the people who would ride those high wheel bikes? (spiritual aspect).
Enjoy your WE, dear Kim!
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 4/21/2006 2:44 PM  

Your High Wheeler looks fantastic, Kim!!

I love the smell of fresh cut grass, too. :-)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 4/21/2006 3:12 PM  

High Wheeler is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see Alice framed up. Cut grass I can deal with. I'm strange...I like the new car smell, that leather/plastic smell. Yes even opening a new deck of cards gets me giddy.

By Blogger Bastet, at 4/21/2006 6:09 PM  

It's so strange to see photos of Spring when all trees are turning beautiful Autumn shades. Well done on your progress on High Wheeler.

By Blogger Karen's Blog, at 4/22/2006 8:36 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home