In Stitches

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Turkish Red

That's the color of the red I'm using in Greg's bicycle picture. It's very pretty, I just wish I could get more done. ;) I am being quite slow lately and not getting much stitching done at all. I guess it's the warm weather. It's all nice and spring like out there and very pleasant.

Here's a current pic:

Image hosting by Photobucket


The letters would be a bit faster going, but there is a lot of backstitching along with each one. The nice thing is that I love how it's looking. When you step back it is very pretty. I want to finish the letters and then I think I will finish up the bike itself. In actuality it's not a huge pattern but definately tricky.

Not much else going on here, another storm has blown in along with a tornado watch. In lay terms that means we watch to see if any tornados develop and then run for cover. LOL Hopefully we will just get some rain and that's it, we can use the rain. :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy stitching!

8 comment(s):

Nice update! The letters are very classy!
That tornado issue is so frightening! Well, I guess I've watched "Twister" too many times...
Enjoy your week end!

By Blogger Leeland, at 4/07/2006 2:22 AM  

The red looks lovely Kim :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/07/2006 2:31 AM  

No tornadoes for you, Kim, that's an order! ;) You're doing a great job on the piece for Greg. When you finish the letters, you'll have to take a picture of the whole thing so that we can get the full effect, okay?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/07/2006 8:41 AM  

The red thread is very beautiful. The tornadoes in the US are making the news down here, just seeing them on the TV is frightening enough for me!

By Blogger Rowyn, at 4/08/2006 1:59 AM  

you're right.. its looking very pretty now :)

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 4/08/2006 9:54 AM  

looking good,glad to hear you got through the storm ok

By Blogger Shell, at 4/09/2006 5:18 AM  

Heck, having tornadoes would scare the **** out of me! Hope you're managing to stay clear of them :) Have to agree with you, that red lettering looks great! :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 4/11/2006 2:09 AM  

Wow, I'm gonna love this High Wheeler! So far, it's really unique!

All I've done today is catch up on blog reading, and Blog Spot has really been "iffy." Didn't think I'd ever finish with my comments. Tried several times with many, including yours!

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 4/13/2006 12:27 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home