In Stitches

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Moving Right Along

I took a few days off last week just cuz I could and it was nice to just kick back and not worry about things. Okay,okay I still worried...what can I say I'm a masochist. ;)

But it did give me time to work on my stitching and of course Greg just kept plugging right along on his.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This is going fairly fast, I did have to rip out the last bike wheel I stitched cuz I got in totally the wrong spot. But otherwise it's been a fun project and easy. The only thing that's a bit of a challenge are the colors. This is meant to be a fairly bland picture and the recommended fabric is white. If you know me at all, you know that I HATE stitching on white. So I chose a fabric that I thought would give this an "antique" look. The problem is that some of the colors fade away a bit on it. So I've had to make some minor changes to accommodate this. All in all though it's looking good!

Here are the framed versions of my "Mom" and Greg's "Flag":

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Greg is still working away on Evie. She is one weird chick though. In person it feels like the eyes follow you. It's kinda disturbing. The pictures don't do this one justice at all.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


She's got some wild hair going on too. LOL

And lastly! Our 4 year anniversary was July 31 and here is what Greg gave me! He's so sweet!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


These are from Lori Mitchell and I had been wanting them for a long while. The perfect anniversary gift for me. :D The groom looks like he's been out on a bender and is still a bit tipsy. LOL

Well it's still hot here and school starts soon, which will be weird, but it's been a nice summer.

Hope all is well with all of you!

5 comment(s):

I just love your anniversary gift! :D And what a great job you always do selecting frames for your projects!! Good luck with the bicycles - I think your progress looks great!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 8/03/2007 2:14 PM  

Your framed pieces are beautiful...good coice of frames :)
The bike sampler is looking great!!! And Greg's Evie is looking stunning!!

By Blogger Carla, at 8/04/2007 12:03 PM  

Cute anniversary gift. All your pieces look great, lovely frame choices. Sorry you had to frog the one wheel, hopefully the rest goes smoothly. I really like the fabric you picked, it does give an antique type feel.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 8/04/2007 1:30 PM  

That anniversary gift is just too cute! LOL! The stitching you both have been doing is lovely!

By Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter, at 8/05/2007 8:43 PM  

These bride and groom are so beautiful! Happy (belated) anniversary!
I particularly love the frame you've picked for the mother sampler.
And I'm very happy to see you're enjoying the bike sampler. Like you, I seem to have developed an aversion to stitching on plain white...
HUgs to you two, Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 8/07/2007 10:25 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home