In Stitches

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Still Alive!

Believe it or not I am still out here! I have to apologize I just don't have a lot of time lately to do the blogging thing. I do try to get over and read everyone's blogs but I don't have time to leave comments, which is a bummer. I do have time to work on my stitching which is a good thing as it's the only thing keeping me sane. LOL

I did finish the Healing Hands project, that border was a pain though. LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


But like I said the border really makes this project and it was worth the headache. :D I hope the person I made this for likes it.

Greg made this freebie pattern, not sure of the name:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I'm not sure what the count on this fabric is cuz he got it as a scrap, but he stitched this OVER ONE! He kept saying "I have a headache, I don't understand why..." Well, DUH. LOL, LOL Didn't it turn out great? He's such a great stitcher, I couldn't have done that.

I am now working on this La D Da pattern:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This is my progress so far. I am stitching this on 18 count aida that I dyed with Curry powder. I am finding that I like 18 count fabric a lot, but this curry dyed fabric is neon yellow (or so it seems). It can be a bit hard to look at while stitching, but I love the colors of the threads on this they just pop.

Not much else going on, except work, work, work. LOL At least the weather has warmed up a lot! And the trees are leafing out and we have daffodils, etc. It's sort of a shock to the system to have spring here at last.

I think this weekend Greg is going to drag me to a stitch night at the local stitching place. They have these every few months. It's a potluck, what to bring? hmmmm But I get the feeling I'm not getting out of going to this one. LOL I know, you are thinking it sounds fun, but I am terribly shy around new people so these things are difficult for me. I'm trying though. :D

Okay, back at it! Hope your week is going great!

10 comment(s):

Both finishes look great, and your right, the border really does set Healing Hands off. Your new one by La D Da is really cute, I hadn't seen that one before. The fabric you dyed for it really does make the lettering pop.

Have fun at the stitching get together. I love going to those in that I get to see what everyone is working on, but generally I have a very hard time talking to people I don't know, so I feel out of place a lot of the time too.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 3/27/2007 7:03 PM  

What a lovely bunch of projects you've done!
The angel is adorable! Greg's project is great! And that LDD project is going to be STUPENDOUS on that fabric :)
Can't wait to see more!

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 3/27/2007 7:48 PM  

I am currently...slowly...stitching the La D Da as well. It is a beautiful piece. I love your fabric. Your Dh's project as always looks great too.
Happy stitching,
Annette

By Blogger My Life In Stitches, at 3/28/2007 10:50 AM  

Greg's freebie is a quaker tree by the Workbasket; and the fabric looks like 22 count hardanger. It turned gorgeous!
So did your lovely project, Healing Hands. Conveys the message very efficiently. Your new La D Da will sure look great on this fabric!
I relate to your feeling about next stitching meeting... but you know, may be Greg is too shy to go without you?! I wouldn't leave such a talented stiching man alone with all these stitching women if I were you: he's a dream! Lol!!!
Take care.
Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 3/28/2007 2:42 PM  

Everything looks just beautiful and I love all of the stitching and Greg did a very good job on his picture as well too.

Keep up the good stitching..

Take care & Happy Stitching

By Blogger Linda K's Stitching Corner , at 3/28/2007 7:34 PM  

Your healing hands project is beautiful!!! I also like the Bless this House project!

By Blogger Carolyn, at 3/28/2007 8:50 PM  

The finishes are beautiful! Like your new project and the fabbie for it is glorious!

By Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter, at 3/29/2007 5:30 PM  

Where did you get the Healing Hands chart? It turned out beautifully and I really like the sentiment. Greg did a good job on his freebie from The Workbasket and I like your new project, as well. Great stitching! :)

By Blogger Jenna, at 4/01/2007 12:12 PM  

Your healing hands piece turned out beautifully, and Greg's freebie looks great :) I sure appreciate what you're saying about the stitching night ... I'm majorly out of my comfort zone when meeting new people, and it terrifies me going to the Guild meetings for that reason (I've managed one trip so far - I suppose it gets easier the more you go, 'cos then people are no longer strangers hmmm). Look forward to hearing about if if you get time :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2007 11:02 PM  

hermoso angel de la guarda feliciades

By Blogger nela, at 5/07/2007 10:59 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home