In Stitches

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Ginormous Thanks!

Goes out to Ann from Belgium who sent me the following package of goodies! What a nice surprise and a great big cheer up it was. :D Ann doesn't have a blog so I can't link to her, but she tells me that she is a great blog follower. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Look at all the loot! And they were all wrapped as Christmas presents, which made it more fun. :D Ann stitched me that fantastic yellow hand towel not knowing that in my very own bathroom I had almost identical ones. LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


See how great it will look in there. :D Thanks again it really made my day!

Here is a pic of Greg's finished Summer Snapper.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's so adorable, wait till you see what he has planned for it. LOL

Also, here is a update on Greg's Evangeline, he's making good progress on her!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And lastly here is my coffee project! It's going very fast and it's a joy to work on. I really love, love, love the fabric for this one.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I noticed in the comments on "Dying with Food" that a lot of you are interested in trying food dying yourself because you find it less intimidating than chemical dying. I can totally see why. Let's face it food is something we all handle every day and won't turn our hands dark purple or green (unless it's food coloring) if we forgot our plastic gloves. I can honestly say that the experience of dying with tea and curry was quite successful. I also tried paprika, but without much success. If you want to try dying with food products my biggest suggestion is to go for those foods that naturally cause the biggest and most hard to remove stains. Also remember to use boiling hot water and in the case of coffee dying Vonna's suggestion of baking and basting will definately give fantastic results.

That being said I would still encourage you to give chemical dying a try, it's not difficult and the cold dying process is very easy. It just requires a bit of patience and eye for color, a lot of water and rubber gloves. LOL I can honestly confess that I never thought that I would be able to make my own hand dyed fabrics, but I saw it as a challenge and went for it and was amazed at what I could create all on my own. I hope I see some new hand dyed creations on all of your blogs sometime soon. :D

9 comment(s):

Apparently red wine does a good job of dyeing things pink.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2007 5:36 PM  

What fun mail goodies to get, those would certainly pick up your day. Evangeline is looking great, is Greg doing it as an afghan?

The fabric is perfect for coffee, and you're making such quick progress you'll be done soon.
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 2/27/2007 7:05 PM  

Thank you for the sweet comments on my gifts. I am so happy you like it. Enjoy! Congratulations on your progresses both of you! Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2007 1:37 AM  

Well, you've been spoilt lady! How sweet of Ann!
Greg's snapper is very cute and his signature on both sides of the crab is a success.
I am quite surprised that he is stitching on Evangeline as he didn't seem too eager to do it in his last post... He's progressing fast and so are you with your coffee project! I sure love this project as I'm a tea and coffee drinker both alike...
I have tried to dye with tea but I'm not satisfied, gotta make other tries. Do you really use vinegar in the rinsing water? I hate vinegar so it's putting me off... lol!
Take care!
Lili

By Blogger Leeland, at 2/28/2007 4:17 AM  

What a cheery towel, and lovely gifts! :)

Greg's Snapperland is so cute! And his progress on Evangeline is great, too. As is yours on Fresh Coffee! :)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 2/28/2007 5:52 AM  

Your "Fresh Coffee" project looks wonderful. What a sweet friend you have in Belgium.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2007 1:37 PM  

What a fantastic bunch of goodies! :)

Your Fresh Coffee is looking great and the fabric is just perfect for it. (My kitchen theme is 'coffee' so I'm quite tempted to get that one... :D)

Thanks a lot for the tips on dyeing fabric!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2007 3:27 PM  

Kim, you and Greg are definitely prolific stitchers or late!
I love Greg's snapper and his Evangeline is going to be GORGEOUS!
Your Hinzeit coffe project is lovely and the fabric is PERFECT!
Great job all around!
{{hugs}}

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 3/01/2007 9:55 AM  

what lovely goodies you got! Greg is doing a good job on his project. I love the fabric for your coffee project as well

By Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter, at 3/01/2007 6:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home