In Stitches

Monday, January 08, 2007

Get Out Your Shoes!

Your Dancing Shoes! That's right it's time to celebrate! I have officially FINISHED! (Well, on Saturday, but who's counting!)

I'm done, caput, finito! It was sort of an anti-climatic finish, as they often are, but it was nice to be done. As soon as I was done I took pictures, sighed with relief and made Greg help me clean up all the thread mess that I created these last 6 months. LOL, LOL

Pictures:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's so weird to see all the blocks filled in... And as I predicted this last block was just easy, I could've finished sooner if I had taken the time to do it. But things like, oh work, got in the way. LOL

We had a busy weekend, we decided over Xmas to get some new book shelves for all our sundry collections and they were delivered on Saturday and well as a cable upgrade, both about the same time. It was busy at our place for a while. LOL

Anyway I just wanted to show off our snazzy new bookcases that *match* our old computer cabinet. Which now has an honest to goodness working computer in it. LOL For months that computer cabinet had our old non-working computer in it and was just a junk catcher. Now it is actually functional.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Despite the bookcases being a bit bigger than the old shelves they aren't as deep so it seems more spacious back there. :)

Well hope y'all are having a great week! Let's hope for no snow!

18 comment(s):

I'm dancing so much that I'm out of breath! Whew! Do you think I can log that as 30 mins. of exercise so I can get an extra WW point? LOL!

Hurray for you! Great Job - I knew you'd get it done and isn't it beautiful....SO are you going to do the Village?! Just Kidding....What's up next?
Really in all seriousness...congratulations!
:D

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 1/08/2007 5:27 PM  

Wow, congratulations!! It looks smashing!!! Your new bookcases are pretty spiffy, too.

By Blogger Leah, at 1/08/2007 5:35 PM  

woohoo!! Congratulations...it's stunning!! Can't wait to see how you're going to frame it :)

By Blogger Carla, at 1/08/2007 5:54 PM  

What a fantastic finish, it looks great. Your new shelves look really nice too, what a great weekend you've had. So, now that Houses is done, what is your next stitching focus?
Sue

By Blogger stitcherw, at 1/08/2007 7:12 PM  

Woot! Congratulations, Kim - it looks incredible! You really sped through the last little bit!

By Blogger Schokti, at 1/08/2007 8:17 PM  

Oh wow, great finish! I knew it was coming, but it still surprised me. :) I love your new bookcases, too! We're actually having one delivered tomorrow, after waiting a month and a half. I like the look of yours, especially with your computer desk.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/08/2007 10:20 PM  

What a gorgeous finish, congratulations!

By Blogger Rowyn, at 1/09/2007 12:50 AM  

So, it's a typical case of 'I don't feel like dancing', now that the HoHRH are finished? I know exactly what you mean with anti-climactic finishes. But once you've got it framed and you look at it every day, you'll see you'll be SO proud and SO amazed that you did all that.
And may I say that it looks breath-taking. You have such stamina, to work on this for six whole months until it was finished! Wow!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 1/09/2007 3:25 AM  

Congratulations Kim! Ann

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2007 3:28 AM  

Huge congrats to you Kim! What a fantastic piece! :D

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 1/09/2007 9:18 AM  

Wow, what a great finish! Congratulations Kim!
So what's next? :)

By Blogger Svenja, at 1/09/2007 11:33 AM  

What a great finish! Congrats! Love your new bookcases, too.

By Blogger Chelle, at 1/09/2007 2:03 PM  

OMG!! it looks amazing!! I haven't been a great blogger this past couple of months, not enough time.
But I just had to drop you a message your latest finish looks great...congrats!!

By Blogger Carol, at 1/09/2007 7:02 PM  

Finished at last! Happy Happy Dance! Well done, Kim! That was a real challenge, and you've been definitely up to the task! I'm so so happy and proud for you! Now, I'm looking forward to seeing that frame of yours (wink)...
Great matching job with the shelves and all... Does the working computer mean that some guy named Greg might tell us Smiley Cup stories some time soon?
Lots of hugs to you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 1/10/2007 2:47 AM  

Wow! It looks wonderful.

By Blogger Dawn T., at 1/11/2007 8:38 AM  

Your finish is awsome. I like the way the houses look together.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2007 12:26 AM  

WOOOHOOO!!! Fantastic finish!! I bet you are going to miss not working on Houses.
Love the bookcases - great idea!

By Blogger tweezle, at 1/12/2007 10:16 AM  

Wow, the bookcases look great ... but even BIGGER wow, congrats on your HOHRH finish ... that's a HUGE finish! :D Sorry this is so late, I'm still catching up since having no phone line hmmm.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2007 3:42 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home