In Stitches

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Re-Painting the Walls

I've finally been working a bit on my latest house. After being totally annoyed with the colors I decided to darken it up a bit just to make it more pleasing to me. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I haven't made huge strides, but I did get the roof on and the fence up. It's a start at least and I feel a lot better since I began re-coloring it. I can be so fussy about the little things. It still feels like I have so much left to do, but finishing this block will be a big milestone in this project. :) I'll take a picture of the whole thing once I finish this block.

Greg has been working away on his Jack Russell Terrier and here is his latest update, note that he does NOT have a stitching slump. LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I think this guy is so cute and the black fabric was a great choice. Can't wait to see it finished. :D

So lucky me, I had food poisoning over the weekend and NOW I have a cold. I think my immune system got whopped up side the head and didn't know what hit it. LOL The food thing was so nasty that the cold is just an annoyance although I am beginning to lose my voice. I think I need my blankie and some hot tea. LOL, LOL, LOL

I hope everyone else is feeling great! I do think though that cold and flu season is headed our way. Fortunately I get a flu shot next week, so maybe I'll get lucky on that front. (crosses fingers) I'm going to go find my vitamin C. :) Take care!

11 comment(s):

Both pieces look great... Take care!!

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 10/19/2006 11:55 AM  

You and Greg rock!

And I do hope that you'll be feeling better very soon and will prance through the winter with a strong immune system!! :)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 10/19/2006 3:44 PM  

I like the colors you're using. Both pieces are looking good. I hope you feel better soon.

By Blogger Karen, at 10/19/2006 6:01 PM  

Oh snot... first food poisoning, and now a cold too. No wonder you're in a bit of a slump. Not that we would know it from looking at your picture though. You're right about the colour: it looks better darker!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 10/20/2006 1:11 AM  

Good recovery Kim. Ann.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2006 4:06 AM  

I agree with you about the colours - the darkened version looks much better! Hope you feel better soon! :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 10/20/2006 4:12 AM  

Hope you feel better soon, Kim! I love the re-coloring of the house!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 10/20/2006 7:58 AM  

Get well soon! i like the colors on the house. And the puppers is cute too. Huggers!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2006 6:48 PM  

Your HoHRH is coming along! I think your changes look good!

Love the cute doggie! It looks great on black fabbie!

Drink OJ too!
:o)

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 10/21/2006 7:31 AM  

Oh dear, poor you - hope you are feeling much better very soon. Both designs are looking great!

By Blogger Rowyn, at 10/22/2006 5:37 AM  

Well, Greg is doing a great job and let's hope that once this house is finished, you'll get more interest in the rest of the project. It happened to me with the owls and once I'd stitched the one that made me reluctant (the mother...), the rest was a gas...
I just noticed that food poisoning (though it was in the post before!) and I'm sorry to read about this! It can be real hard... And now a nasty cold? I think you need some rest young woman! Til you can get some, the vitamins are a good idea: I'll give some to my kids as well...
Take care my friend! Hugs to you and Greg!

By Blogger Leeland, at 10/22/2006 1:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home