In Stitches

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Reality Impacting

Well I had high hopes that I'd be finished with block 7 and onto the next one, but life has a way of jumping the tracks. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is what I have done so far. Nearly there. :D I was expecting to have more time to work on it this weekend. We went flea marketing with my mom and her van unexpectedly blew the head gasket. We had met in Nebraska City as it's half way between where we both live and then took her car. Just outside of town the van overheated and my dad realized what happened. It took over an hour to limp back to town, then we decided to all squish into our Saturn and head out. We called a tow truck to take her van back to her house and then we went flea marketing and here and there. Of course we then had to take them home so we decided to just stay the night. My mom lives about 90 miles from us so it's not a short drive and it was late by the time we dropped them off. The next day we decided to head out to Beatrice to look at cars, just in case they decided they didn't want to fix theirs and didn't get home till late afternoon. Needless to say we were tired! So not much stitching got done this weekend. LOL

Greg did finally get all the backstitching on his witch done, now I have to do the french knots. He hates doing those and made me promise that I'd do them for him. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I like how he signed his name it looks kind of 3D. :D

While I was out this weekend I found some fun window clings and decided to decorate our big living room window. They had these fun glow in the dark ones that will be fun from outside. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The black ones are pretty cool from outside as they are more of a silhouette. And Greg wanted to put the spooky eyes in the other window to kind of freak people out in the dark. LOL We have a lot of college kids living around us, I'm sure they will get a kick out of them.

Hope your week is going great so far! Tonite is the start of Dancing with the Stars, should be interesting. LOL, LOL

7 comment(s):

Love the witch. Also looking forward to Dancing with the Stars, much to the dude's chagrin.

By Blogger Anna van Schurman, at 9/12/2006 4:49 PM  

Love the eyes too! And the Houses. Pity you had such a stressful, stitchless weekend. Greg's witch is magic. Hey, and you get to do the most important bit after all: the eyes!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 9/13/2006 3:18 AM  

Okay, I've been avoiding picking up a copy of the magazine just for the cute little witch, but I might not be able to hold out much longer. She's just so cute! Greg did a great job, including his name. Very cool. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/13/2006 11:09 AM  

what a cute little witch!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 9/13/2006 6:04 PM  

Lovely stitching and cute decorations! Michelle-ozark crafter

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/13/2006 6:07 PM  

Love Greg's Witch...or is it ultimately YOUR witch?! LOL! Great stickers, sorry about the van....
Your houses are coming along...great job! You'll soon be on block 7 in no time!
;o)

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 9/13/2006 7:31 PM  

Wow! this witch is adorable!
could you tell me where is she from??

I think I read it's from mag...

Thanks for the answer :)

By Blogger Bea, at 9/14/2006 2:09 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home