In Stitches

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I May Be Sad, But I'm NOT Crazy

In reference to a comment that said that if I am sad when I finish HoHRH I could always start on VoHRH . That would be a big NO. I have definately enjoyed my time with HoHRH, it's been difficult, trying and overall enjoyable. Would I care to repeat it in a slightly different form...no way. The thing I have learned about myself during this stitch (don't you love it when stitching teaches you something) is that I don't like doing projects this big. Now how would I ever know this unless I stitched something this big I ask you...I couldn't. But now I do. Lesson learned. ;)

Here is my latest update:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It's looking good, but slow going. It's so weird when at one point you are just cruising along and getting a lot done and then BAM not so much. It's one of the weird time space temporal disturbances I've run across in this project. But still workable. LOL I have definately decided to count this as 12 projects finished instead of one so that I don't feel so bad that I didn't get as many things stitched at the end of the year. ;D

Greg finished the witch and is now laboring over the backstitch. I am ever grateful he took on this project, I'm not sure I would've had the patience to muddle through. :D Because be forewarned there are a TON of 1/4 stitches in this project and when working on aida it's not always a cake walk. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Isn't she pretty? And I can HARDLY wait to finish her into a pillow, cuz I know (well at least I hope) that you all will DROOL over the fabric that I got for it. It's very lovely, in my opinion. :D

I got a head start on my Halloween decorating and did it on Monday. That was a lot of fun! And it looks so festive. I found one more trick or treater to go with the group, cuz everyone needs a kid sister tagging along. I will try to get pics to show. The ones I wanted to post came out fuzzy.

Hope y'all are having a great week! :D

6 comment(s):

Good work on your latest block of HoHRH. The little witch is looking fabulous, too! Partial stitches are such a bear on Aida. I bet Greg wishes he used a higher count fabric. LOL. I can't wait to see her finished up!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 8:44 PM  

Greg's witchiepoo is adorable. Can't wait to see that fabric for the pillow!

And of course HoHRH counts as 12 projects! Yours is looking fabulous!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 9/07/2006 2:28 AM  

Yep, those houses definitely count as one project each!
I love Greg's witch. Can't wait to see that fabric! ;)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 9/07/2006 3:27 AM  

I would also count the houses as twelve projects!
But in the end, you'll be proud to display this beautiful piece!
The witch is a real cutie!
HUgs to you two!

By Blogger Leeland, at 9/07/2006 7:22 AM  

Now, I really do think you need to do the Village...that way you have the whole CITY.....
Love the witch, can't wait for the fabric! As a matter of fact I love the color of the fabric the witch is on...so anything else is just icing on the cake!
:o)

By Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer, at 9/09/2006 1:22 PM  

Oops, sorry for suggesting it ;o)
Seriously though, I actually contemplated stitching the Village on twelve different pieces of fabric, and then hanging them on the wall together (eventually). Maybe I'll do that when I ever get to stitch A Most Noble Pursuit. The Houses are just too 'housy' to stitch, to my taste.
Anyway, I forgot to tell you that your piec looks SO good, and so does Greg's witch.

By Blogger Annemarie, at 9/12/2006 4:21 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home