In Stitches

Monday, August 14, 2006

Bribery

Yes it's true, even *I* will resort to it (bribery) to get something I want but am too lazy to do myself. ;)

This weekend we ended up at Barnes and Noble. I always dread going there cuz I know I will come out with a sack load of stuff that I could probably live without. This trip was no different. I found a cross stitch magazine that I just HAD to have. It had the CUTEST projects in it and I couldn't live another day without possessing it. ;) BUT do I have time to stitch any of them...that would be NO. I am still mired down by my HOHRH. Not that I mind being mired in it, but I am single minded in my pursuit to finish it BEFORE stitching anything else. (Yes, I'm anal that way.) So instead of lusting after this project and then putting it away to be forgotten. I begged, pleaded and then *bribed* Greg to stitch it for me. When begging and pleading doesn't work, new CD's will. (muu hhaaa haaaa)

So now Greg is stitching this delightful little witch for me:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And this is his progress since yesterday:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Let me just say right now that this is not as small a project as it appears. It's about 4x8 (all hat) and it's a lot of color changes, something just up Greg's alley. LOL And isn't he doing a fantastic job? YES he is. :D Thanks Greg! :X

It's just the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. It's designed by Mary Engelbreit so not a surprise.

I also got the roof finished on my house and a few details done. I'm nearly finished with block 1!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


So all in all not a bad weekend! How was yours? :D

6 comment(s):

Aw, that little witch is just too cute! How sweet of Greg to be stitching it for you (even though he's bribed). I don't think Seb would stitch anything even if I offered him CDs ;D

Congrats on your steady progress on HOHRH. :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 8/14/2006 1:27 PM  

The drawers look great! When I first saw the witch (so cute!!!), I was astonished! What?! Kim is stitching another project at the same time as her fine houses? It can be true! it's just not like her!
I was right! You put a spell on poor Greg! He must be enjoying every stitch of it though!!! (wink!)
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 8/14/2006 3:33 PM  

I'm making that witch too! I haven't started yet.

Great progress!

By Blogger Barbie Girl, at 8/14/2006 10:12 PM  

Wow, you must be good at bribing!! Must get some tips!! (is Greg really happy to do it? The stitches look a bit tight!!! ;-) )

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/15/2006 3:36 AM  

That little witch is just the cutest thing! I understand why you couldn't resist her. And what a guy Greg is to stitch it for you. :) He's made great progress so far!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/15/2006 1:35 PM  

what a cute witch! You're so lucky to have greg to stitch for you LOL..

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 8/15/2006 7:40 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home