In Stitches

Monday, July 10, 2006

A Whole Neighborhood

Finally! I got the middle row done! Whew! That was a task and a half. Seems it's taken forever to get through these first 4 houses. But it is looking good. Here is the latest finish:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I think this is my favorite of all 4. The blue house is nice, but this one just has something about it that I like. I think that I am going to spend the time to put in all the blocks before starting the next house. It will take a bit of time, but it will also be out of the way and with the first 4 established it won't be as hard to get the rest situated.

And because someone was curious to see what the whole thing is looking like:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I think that when it's all done it will be very impressive. Right now I'm just a bit overwhelmed with it. ;)

We went to see Pirates and I wasn't a bit disappointed! Johnny Depp is epic, I think this is the best character I've ever seen him play. He just seems to enjoy it so much. It was a hilarious show, LOVED the story and LOVED the ending. Can't wait to see the next one out in 2007. The critics can rag it all they want but I thought it was *better* than the first one. :D

13 comment(s):

they all work very well together,the colours look great, not too wishy washy,I can see why you are pleased with it.

By Blogger Shell, at 7/10/2006 11:46 AM  

hi Kim,
you have stitched one third already! I would think it's a moreyearproject, but you will have finished it in no time.
it looks great, I'm almost tempted to try it too...

enjoy the other two third.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/10/2006 1:11 PM  

Wow, you are really moving along on this project! It is a large endeavor, but you make it look easy. :) Glad to hear that you liked Pirates II. I read a really bad review of it, but it just made me all the more determined to see it. I'm not sure what the critics' problem is...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/10/2006 1:54 PM  

I'd say this is already impressive, Kim! It looks fabulous! Give yourself a big pat on the back!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 7/10/2006 2:57 PM  

Wonderful house! Looks great so far.

DD saw the movie at a midnight showing -- she strolls in around 3am & said it was good + J.Depp is 'hawt'.

I say, what do the critics really know anyhow???

By Blogger Lelia, at 7/10/2006 6:02 PM  

Its great seeing your progress with this design Kim...I love it :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/10/2006 8:03 PM  

thats awesome.. love the fabric choice!

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 7/13/2006 12:55 AM  

I think they are beautiful. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/13/2006 1:25 AM  

Hi Kim! At last, I can reach your blog! How lovely! My fav of all for the moment is the second on the right, just a small head behind comes the one you have just finished: the birds are a nice change!
I am a fan of Johnny Depp and he seemed to have great fun in Pirates of the Caribbean I already... I'm looking forward to POC II in DVD...
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 7/15/2006 6:16 AM  

I love it!!! I knew the whole thing had to look geat!

By Blogger Carol, at 7/15/2006 11:16 AM  

It's so beautiful ! It changes with that fabric ! Great ! I love it !

By Blogger Christine, at 7/17/2006 5:01 AM  

Ooh, I just noticed I haven't commented on this entry yet. Shame! And it's such a great entry! I can't believe you've come this far already. You'll be finished in no time if you continue like this. If only the Tour would last a few weeks longer. Tom Boonen quitted today! I can't believe it!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 7/18/2006 2:35 PM  

Wow... you've made fantastic progress on HOHRH. It looks great.

By Blogger Juanita, at 7/19/2006 1:05 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home