In Stitches

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Light and The Dark

Is it Wednesday already? It doesn't seem possible! So here I am back with an update. Sadly the block is not finished. I had too many distractions this week and a bit of a redo on part of the house. Still it's getting there! :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I have the house basically finished, now for the roof and bits and pieces. :D The thing that slowed me down a bit is the fact that when I finished the front of the house I realized that the contrast between the light and dark parts of the house were just too great a contrast. I had wanted the house to be a darker blue and substituted colors to get the look I want. I basically went a shade darker, same colors. However, the darker shade was just too dark and didn't look the way I had hoped. I didn't want to rip out all the light shade so I decided to cover it up a bit to darken it. I half stitched the dark shade of blue over the top of the lighter shade and toned it down. I think it turned out great and though it's not perfect shading it's not a glaring dark to light combo that I had before. I realized after this that I am going to have to trust my judgement on color selections a bit more and if I want to change them to something completely different then I need to go for it. All in all it's looking nice and I love the colors! Can't wait to move to block 4 though. ;)

Also, Greg asked me to let everyone know that he is not dead or captured by aliens. LOL He's just hit a blogging slump and hasn't felt like posting. He has finished his last project "Road to Paris" and I'm sure he will be posting pics of it soon! :D He's now working on a WIP he started a while ago and dropped from boredom. I think it's going nicely and hope to get some pics of it soon as I can pry it away from him. ;D

AND! This Sunday, June 25 is San's birthday! Everybody stop by and give her lots of birthday greetings!

Have a great week!

5 comment(s):

I think the blues look good :) A great job.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/21/2006 4:58 PM  

I LOVE changing the colours: it definitely adds interest to the design in this case! Well done, Kim!
Glad to know that Greg's OK. I'm looking forward to seeing his bikers and new wip!
Thanks for reminding us San's birthday!
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 6/22/2006 2:00 AM  

Looking good!! I love your updates, they are really detailed.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/22/2006 4:12 AM  

I thought I saw an alien going by on a bike, and feared for Greg. Glad to know he's fine! LOL

Your progress looks great. Definately continue to trust your judgement - your choices have been excellent!!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 6/25/2006 3:50 AM  

good work on the shading,the blues work really well.

By Blogger Shell, at 6/26/2006 3:11 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home