In Stitches

Monday, June 12, 2006

Black Cats at Midnight

Wow, it's Monday already...why do weekends just fly by? :D

I am now onto the third block and it's going very well! The colors are a lot more appealing after all that orange.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I finished that cat about midnight on Saturday. We were up stitching and watching Underworld Evolution and after it was over I switched over to BBC America and they had the pilot for Hex on. I had heard about the show, but had never seen it. Very interesting. I will have to give it a look, as it is on Thursdays here.

I still think the border is the thing that takes the longest for me...counting all those stitches and getting it right. I went ahead and stitched the outline of block four so I would be that much ahead when I get too it. Here's a pic of all four blocks:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I like how it's looking so far! :D

I also finished up the pillow of the Forever Friends project by La D Da. I struggled with what colors to use and bought several different things before I "accidentally" settled on this purple. I had definately liked the blue floral print but couldn't find a suitable coordinating color. This purple I bought to go with something else and then decided it worked perfectly with the project.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The days are getting HOT here, we are signing up for a pool pass today. I think we will be taking advantage of some dunking* time to beat the heat! :D


* You know what they say... I used to skinny dip, but now I chunky dunk. LOL, LOL

9 comment(s):

Heehee...chunky dunk! That's funny. I can't believe the progress your making on HoHRH. About counting the borders: it might be a real time saver if you map out your fabric with basting. It sounds awful, I know, and it takes a couple of hours (about two, I should think), but after that, you will never have to worry about counting again! It's what I did for my Weather Calender (check it out on my blog, if you're interested). Usually I'm not that well-organised, but now that I've experienced the joys of basting, I'll never not baste again!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 6/12/2006 3:59 PM  

HoHRH looks great so far, and I love that eggplant fabric you used. But I LOVE the chunky dunk concept! Can you hear me laughing?!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 6/12/2006 5:24 PM  

I love seeing the progress on HOHRH. Looks great. You definately have smoking needles.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/12/2006 6:27 PM  

Your HoHRH is coming along so well, Kim! Love that 3rd square :)
And I have utterly fallen in love with your La D Da pillow. Would you mind sending it over? It would find a good, loving home in Paris. LOL! ;)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 6/13/2006 1:41 AM  

Lovely cushion! And the pic of all the houses makes it all clear: gorgeous!
Hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 6/13/2006 11:13 AM  

Wow, you are doing great work! I'm loving HOHRH, especially on your fabric. And your La D Da pillow turned out beautifully. I'm a big fan of purple. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/13/2006 1:44 PM  

Your pillow turned out beautifully with the purple - you're right, it does suit it well :) And HOHRH is looking awesome - love it on that fabric :D

By Blogger Anne S, at 6/14/2006 10:28 PM  

HoHRH is looking so good, I do love your fabric choice for that one. I can relate to chunky dunking LOL!! Love your cushion finish.

By Blogger Susimac, at 6/15/2006 10:28 AM  

"Houses" is looking really great!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 6/15/2006 10:31 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home