In Stitches

Monday, June 12, 2006

Black Cats at Midnight

Wow, it's Monday already...why do weekends just fly by? :D

I am now onto the third block and it's going very well! The colors are a lot more appealing after all that orange.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I finished that cat about midnight on Saturday. We were up stitching and watching Underworld Evolution and after it was over I switched over to BBC America and they had the pilot for Hex on. I had heard about the show, but had never seen it. Very interesting. I will have to give it a look, as it is on Thursdays here.

I still think the border is the thing that takes the longest for me...counting all those stitches and getting it right. I went ahead and stitched the outline of block four so I would be that much ahead when I get too it. Here's a pic of all four blocks:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I like how it's looking so far! :D

I also finished up the pillow of the Forever Friends project by La D Da. I struggled with what colors to use and bought several different things before I "accidentally" settled on this purple. I had definately liked the blue floral print but couldn't find a suitable coordinating color. This purple I bought to go with something else and then decided it worked perfectly with the project.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The days are getting HOT here, we are signing up for a pool pass today. I think we will be taking advantage of some dunking* time to beat the heat! :D


* You know what they say... I used to skinny dip, but now I chunky dunk. LOL, LOL

10 comment(s):

Heehee...chunky dunk! That's funny. I can't believe the progress your making on HoHRH. About counting the borders: it might be a real time saver if you map out your fabric with basting. It sounds awful, I know, and it takes a couple of hours (about two, I should think), but after that, you will never have to worry about counting again! It's what I did for my Weather Calender (check it out on my blog, if you're interested). Usually I'm not that well-organised, but now that I've experienced the joys of basting, I'll never not baste again!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 6/12/2006 3:59 PM  

HoHRH looks great so far, and I love that eggplant fabric you used. But I LOVE the chunky dunk concept! Can you hear me laughing?!

By Blogger Barbara, at 6/12/2006 5:24 PM  

I love seeing the progress on HOHRH. Looks great. You definately have smoking needles.

By Blogger StitchCat, at 6/12/2006 6:27 PM  

The blue in the third house stands out already against the orange of the others. It's looking really good. I can undestand how you feel. I always find that stitching borders are dull but then you have to be so careful to get it right that it takes you longer. Worth it though.

What was Underworld Evolution like. I wasn't a fan of the first one. Is the second one any better?

Your cushion looks perfect. I love the purple and blue fabric. You always find exactly the right thing to set off your design.

We are having lovely weather just now too. Enjoy your swim.

Karen
xxx

By Blogger karensff, at 6/13/2006 1:16 AM  

Your HoHRH is coming along so well, Kim! Love that 3rd square :)
And I have utterly fallen in love with your La D Da pillow. Would you mind sending it over? It would find a good, loving home in Paris. LOL! ;)

By Blogger Isabelle, at 6/13/2006 1:41 AM  

Lovely cushion! And the pic of all the houses makes it all clear: gorgeous!
Hugs!

By Blogger Lili, at 6/13/2006 11:13 AM  

Wow, you are doing great work! I'm loving HOHRH, especially on your fabric. And your La D Da pillow turned out beautifully. I'm a big fan of purple. :)

By Anonymous Jenna, at 6/13/2006 1:44 PM  

Your pillow turned out beautifully with the purple - you're right, it does suit it well :) And HOHRH is looking awesome - love it on that fabric :D

By Blogger AnneS, at 6/14/2006 10:28 PM  

HoHRH is looking so good, I do love your fabric choice for that one. I can relate to chunky dunking LOL!! Love your cushion finish.

By Blogger Susimac, at 6/15/2006 10:28 AM  

"Houses" is looking really great!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 6/15/2006 10:31 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home