In Stitches

Friday, April 28, 2006

Almost...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Famous? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The other day, inspired by one of the comments left about my Alice project I decided to email the designer Lynne Nicoletti. I sent her a short note telling her about how much I enjoyed the project, how the frame came about and included pictures. I thought "Right I did it and I'll never hear from her." But, much to my shock and awe, she wrote me back straight away the next day.

She told me how much she liked the frame and how much she enjoys getting comments from stitchers and lots of other nice compliments that left me feeling pretty good. :D But then towards the end of the email she said that she is currently working on a new newsletter and would I mind if she used my pictures in it. MIND...MIND? I nearly fell out of my chair in shock! Of course I told her I would love it! So now I am "almost famous". LOL, LOL

Hey, everybody deserves their 15 minutes. (bahh ha ha)

Have a great weekend!

15 comment(s):

Congrats, Kim! Your fantastic project sure deserves the honor!
Have a great weekend! :D

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 4/28/2006 11:36 AM  

That's great, Kim! I'm glad that you decided to write to her and somehow it doesn't surprise me that she wrote back and wants to use the photos of your lovely project finish. What an honor! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/28/2006 12:21 PM  

Very cool! Will we get to see your pictures in the newsletter???

By Blogger Heidi, at 4/28/2006 12:28 PM  

Hip, hip, hooray for you, Kim! What a boost! What an honor! What FUN!

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 4/28/2006 1:02 PM  

I'm glad you followed my advice. I assume it was mine. Glad you had fun with this.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/28/2006 1:34 PM  

Isn't it great?! You sure deserve it, Kim! I'm very glad for you, and you must be very proud! Congratulations!

By Blogger Leeland, at 4/28/2006 4:04 PM  

Hi Kim! Congrats on your 15 minutes of fame! But you certainly deserve them for your creativity behind the Alice Frame..LOLOL Never know, you might be asked to mass produce that frame as I'm sure a lot of people would like to frame their piece that way. ;) Anyhoo, congrats!!

Have a great day!

Ash

By Blogger Stitch, at 4/29/2006 12:13 PM  

You frame looks fabulous Kim! That's great that she wants to use it in her newsletter.

By Blogger Kali, at 4/30/2006 8:23 AM  

I'm so happy for you Kim. It must be really exciting.
I missed your post on how you finish your Alice piece, but I think it's not to late to tell you what a great job you did.

By Blogger Carol, at 4/30/2006 7:11 PM  

Kim, what a thrill to have a pic of your project published in her newsletter!

By Blogger Von, at 5/02/2006 12:27 AM  

It's a big compliment and you deserved it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/02/2006 8:16 AM  

Congrats! What a clever and whimsical project!

By Blogger Dianne, at 5/02/2006 8:57 PM  

Congrats Kim!!! Looking forward to seeing it in the newsletter :)

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 5/03/2006 1:33 AM  

That is so cool, Kim! I would have been excited too! Awesome!
~Lana~

By Blogger Lana, at 5/04/2006 9:44 AM  

The combination of frame and design is absolutely perfect! No wonder the designer wants to use your pictures.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 8:40 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home