In Stitches

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Free Wheelin'

I AM DONE! Woo Hoo!

Yes the big wheel is finito! And am I ever glad! It took way longer than I intended for this project, mainly because I hardly worked on it all month. It should've taken maybe a week and a half and it took a MONTH. But it's done and Greg LOVES it, he better it's his birthday present. LOL We already have a frame picked out for it and just need to get it into it. :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


As I suspected those long stitches for the spokes were a bear! The small wheel went fine but the big one was tricky. I'm sure it will look great once framed but when you pick it up right now the spokes sag, it's actually kind of funny. I mean, it's hard to ride a bike w/ saggy spokes. LOL

I am starting on La D Da's Forever Friends next. Such an adorable pattern that I can't wait to start it. :D (You can see a pic of it to the left.) And it shouldn't take long either. Of course I'm going to change the colors just a bit, but that's on par for me. ;) After that I'm going to do either Sam's Socks and Such from Raise the Roof or this Bird Watcher pattern I found on sale at Hobby Lobby for my dad. We will see what hits me.

Thanks for all the great comments on Alice! It was such a great project. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I have to give big kudos to Greg and his dad for making that frame. Greg designed it and his dad did the cutting and pasting. ;) In this case the frame definately adds life to the project. :)

11 comment(s):

Wow, Kim, huge congratulations to you! It's looking fantastic and the spokes are amazing - so true-to-life! Wow!

I saw your La D Da next project and my jaw dropped - it is such a pretty, cute, fresh design! Can't wait to see you stitch it!

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 4/26/2006 12:06 PM  

Someone I know stitched that La D Da into a boxtop last year and it is really cute! I can't wait to see what changes you make to make it your own. :)

Congratulations on finishing the high wheeler design. You did a beautiful job and I'm happy dancing along with you. I'm glad that Greg likes it, because if he didn't, he should go stitch it himself. ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/26/2006 12:56 PM  

Congrats on your finish Kim - it looks great :o)

By Blogger Samantha, at 4/26/2006 1:28 PM  

Yesss! Congratulations, Kim! I am spending my evening on the computer, it's the only moment I have found: put the kids in bed early, told DH to play video games, and didn't have to say it twice...
Greg wouldn't tell me: when is his birthday, and how old will he be? (the second question is pure curiosity, and I know how some people don't want to tell their age, but I'm asking for pure formality: I told him I would... lol!
Your Alice is the most beautiful ever, and with its special frame, it is more than unique: it is a wonder! Congratulations to the men of your life too, for making it possible!
Your new project looks a lot of fun: I like it too!
Lots of hugs!

By Blogger Leeland, at 4/26/2006 5:03 PM  

Well done on your finish Kim :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/26/2006 6:23 PM  

Wow Kim, this is wonderful!! Great job. I love the La De Da design. I am going to do Miss Mary Mack soon myself. I love your choice though. Might have to go on my To Do list:)

By Blogger Karen's Blog, at 4/27/2006 8:17 AM  

Wonderful finish. The bike is pretty cool. I also love the frame for Alice. It is perfect for the piece.
Happy stitching,
Annette

By Blogger My Life In Stitches, at 4/27/2006 8:59 AM  

OMG, it's just wonderful, Kim!!!

By Blogger Nancy in IL, at 4/27/2006 2:30 PM  

the bike looks great finished ,I am sure Greg loves it.Looking forward to a pic when it is framed.

By Blogger Shell, at 4/28/2006 2:01 AM  

Very nice!!!

By Blogger Heidi, at 4/28/2006 12:28 PM  

Congrats on your finish! It is such a unique piece.

By Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper, at 4/28/2006 8:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home