In Stitches

Friday, June 09, 2006

A Whole New Neighborhood

Hooray for me! I finished the last house in the second block. And while it didn't turn out exactly as expected, it is finito.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The last house is supposed to have a lighter orange bottom and darker orange top. Well somehow the oranges though appearing to be different shades are not when stitched. So I have a one shade orange house. Not a big deal in the whole scheme of things. I contemplated ripping the roof out, but then decided I just didn't care. LOL Now it's onto the BLUE house, yes I am excited to stitch blue and I don't even *like* blue. LOL, LOL

I calculated and it's taking me approximately nine days per block, so far. At that rate I should be done by September. Let's hope the rest of the blocks go this fast or faster would be better...however there are only so many hours I can dedicate to stitching, sooooo. :D

The latest SBQs caught my attention so here we go:

The first request comes from Vash who is requesting pictures of the back of your stitching… are you brave enough to give this one a shot?

Sure why not!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Not as neat and tidy as some of you ladies, but since no one ever sees it, it will do. :D

The second request comes from Singular Stitches, and she is asking for “a pictorial tour of [the] special place that you go to create your wonderful stitched creations.”

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I could be answering this for both Greg and I. We share the sofa after all. LOL I sit on the rather messy side with the red cup. As you can see I use a tray to hold my stitching accessories and a metal lap tray for my pattern. And despite having a big comfy couch I need to have a pillow for my back. Without it I tend to schlump over and end up with a backache. Also, from this picture I can see that I need to tidy up a bit. It's funny how we get used to little messes around. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


From this view you can see that we have a perfect spot in front of the tv and stereo (harder to see). I *love* having the tv on when stitching. Greg would *love* it if the tv spontaneously burst into flames and disappeared forever. LOL, LOL (No, I'm not kidding.) I am addicted to history shows, home and garden shows, food shows...anything informational. I also love movies and yes I confess I am severely addicted to soap operas. You might suspect from all this that I sit for hours in front of the tv...actually no. If I did, I'd get a lot more stitching done. LOL I usually watch tv 2-3 (more like 2.5) hours a evening, this is the time I stitch as well. Sometimes I will sit longer on the weekends, but mostly not. I have a sit all day job so especially on the weekends I don't want to sit for hours and hours stitching. What about y'all, how many hours a day do you stitch?

I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

8 comment(s):

You rock, Kim! What excellent progress on HoHRH!!

I also really like your stitching area - it looks so cozy. When Niek's not home, or busy with something, I enjoy having the TV on "for company"(I sound like an old lady, I know!). Niek loves having the TV on all the time....

I stitch about 2 or 3 hours an evening, if I'm lucky. :)

By Blogger mainely stitching, at 6/09/2006 12:26 PM  

You are really speeding on this project. Well, I often say so, don't I?
Cosy stitching place!
I also sit in front of TV, but it's always off when I'm alone. I'm definitely the Greg type: the less TV's on, the happier I am... All that noise. Though I confess an interest for documentaries... and I love movies as well, but on my home cinema and all...
And I don't listen to music either (which mustn't be like Greg as he often suggests music while reading his -often hilarious- posts): silent woman... that's why DH married me! He can talk as much as he likes! I won't fight to have my word: I don't care. My stitching is more important...lol!!!
Enjoy your week end too!

By Blogger Leeland, at 6/09/2006 1:26 PM  

How many HOURS a day do I stitch, you ask? Ah, those were the days... When I could just sit down and stitch for a couple of hours. Nope. I'm forcing myself to stitch at least fifteen minutes a day, usually in the middle of the night when everyone has gone to bed!
Your stitching nook looks so cozy, Kim! I prefer to listen to music whilst stitching. Music to go with the piece I'm stitching.
The back of your stitching looks great. And oh boy, am I jealous of your progress on HoHRH. If only I could dedicate a couple of months to one project... Unfortunately, I'm sadly lacking in will-power!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 6/09/2006 2:30 PM  

Wow, you're stitching this so fast! Love your new flat, Kim, it looks so comfy :)

By Blogger Kitty Couture, at 6/10/2006 11:44 AM  

love your comfy sofa!! LOL... i like the part abt the TV dissappeared! *grins*

By Blogger Sasha Farina, at 6/12/2006 2:56 AM  

What a relief: my stitching spot is spotless :-) :-) just kidding.
It's nice to see your interior. I stitch in front of the tv too, it gives me the idea I'm doing two activities at the same time: how efficient!
You're speeding on the HoHRH. But much more to go. enjoy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/12/2006 1:03 PM  

the back of your project looks better than mine. but like you said. People aren't going to be seeing it anyways so why does it matter. I like to stitch while watching tv, wether it be shows or movies. Usually it's playing catch up with the DVR. But when I do work on the bigger pieces I usually have my disc man on.

By Blogger Bastet, at 6/12/2006 5:49 PM  

I love to peek inside other people's homes. :D The stitching paraphernalia does seem to pile up around my stitching chair too!

By Blogger Von, at 6/12/2006 11:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home