In Stitches

Friday, June 09, 2006

A Whole New Neighborhood

Hooray for me! I finished the last house in the second block. And while it didn't turn out exactly as expected, it is finito.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The last house is supposed to have a lighter orange bottom and darker orange top. Well somehow the oranges though appearing to be different shades are not when stitched. So I have a one shade orange house. Not a big deal in the whole scheme of things. I contemplated ripping the roof out, but then decided I just didn't care. LOL Now it's onto the BLUE house, yes I am excited to stitch blue and I don't even *like* blue. LOL, LOL

I calculated and it's taking me approximately nine days per block, so far. At that rate I should be done by September. Let's hope the rest of the blocks go this fast or faster would be better...however there are only so many hours I can dedicate to stitching, sooooo. :D

The latest SBQs caught my attention so here we go:

The first request comes from Vash who is requesting pictures of the back of your stitching… are you brave enough to give this one a shot?

Sure why not!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Not as neat and tidy as some of you ladies, but since no one ever sees it, it will do. :D

The second request comes from Singular Stitches, and she is asking for “a pictorial tour of [the] special place that you go to create your wonderful stitched creations.”

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I could be answering this for both Greg and I. We share the sofa after all. LOL I sit on the rather messy side with the red cup. As you can see I use a tray to hold my stitching accessories and a metal lap tray for my pattern. And despite having a big comfy couch I need to have a pillow for my back. Without it I tend to schlump over and end up with a backache. Also, from this picture I can see that I need to tidy up a bit. It's funny how we get used to little messes around. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


From this view you can see that we have a perfect spot in front of the tv and stereo (harder to see). I *love* having the tv on when stitching. Greg would *love* it if the tv spontaneously burst into flames and disappeared forever. LOL, LOL (No, I'm not kidding.) I am addicted to history shows, home and garden shows, food shows...anything informational. I also love movies and yes I confess I am severely addicted to soap operas. You might suspect from all this that I sit for hours in front of the tv...actually no. If I did, I'd get a lot more stitching done. LOL I usually watch tv 2-3 (more like 2.5) hours a evening, this is the time I stitch as well. Sometimes I will sit longer on the weekends, but mostly not. I have a sit all day job so especially on the weekends I don't want to sit for hours and hours stitching. What about y'all, how many hours a day do you stitch?

I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

9 comment(s):

You rock, Kim! What excellent progress on HoHRH!!

I also really like your stitching area - it looks so cozy. When Niek's not home, or busy with something, I enjoy having the TV on "for company"(I sound like an old lady, I know!). Niek loves having the TV on all the time....

I stitch about 2 or 3 hours an evening, if I'm lucky. :)

By Blogger Barbara, at 6/09/2006 12:26 PM  

You are really speeding on this project. Well, I often say so, don't I?
Cosy stitching place!
I also sit in front of TV, but it's always off when I'm alone. I'm definitely the Greg type: the less TV's on, the happier I am... All that noise. Though I confess an interest for documentaries... and I love movies as well, but on my home cinema and all...
And I don't listen to music either (which mustn't be like Greg as he often suggests music while reading his -often hilarious- posts): silent woman... that's why DH married me! He can talk as much as he likes! I won't fight to have my word: I don't care. My stitching is more important...lol!!!
Enjoy your week end too!

By Blogger Lili, at 6/09/2006 1:26 PM  

How many HOURS a day do I stitch, you ask? Ah, those were the days... When I could just sit down and stitch for a couple of hours. Nope. I'm forcing myself to stitch at least fifteen minutes a day, usually in the middle of the night when everyone has gone to bed!
Your stitching nook looks so cozy, Kim! I prefer to listen to music whilst stitching. Music to go with the piece I'm stitching.
The back of your stitching looks great. And oh boy, am I jealous of your progress on HoHRH. If only I could dedicate a couple of months to one project... Unfortunately, I'm sadly lacking in will-power!

By Blogger Annemarie, at 6/09/2006 2:30 PM  

The little row of houses is looks fantastic. I love blue so look forward to seeing your progress on that one. You will probably find that this design will stitch quicker than you thought.

Your stitching area looks great too. I love stitching in front of the TV although it's always a DVD I shove on. Not a fan of most of what's on tv at the mo. Unless of course you count Dr Who but when that's on my stitching lies forgotten about. Love listening to the radio too.

Karen
xxx

By Blogger karensff, at 6/10/2006 8:34 AM  

Wow, you're stitching this so fast! Love your new flat, Kim, it looks so comfy :)

By Blogger Isabelle, at 6/10/2006 11:44 AM  

love your comfy sofa!! LOL... i like the part abt the TV dissappeared! *grins*

By Blogger ~Harsha~, at 6/12/2006 2:56 AM  

What a relief: my stitching spot is spotless :-) :-) just kidding.
It's nice to see your interior. I stitch in front of the tv too, it gives me the idea I'm doing two activities at the same time: how efficient!
You're speeding on the HoHRH. But much more to go. enjoy

By Anonymous anneke, at 6/12/2006 1:03 PM  

the back of your project looks better than mine. but like you said. People aren't going to be seeing it anyways so why does it matter. I like to stitch while watching tv, wether it be shows or movies. Usually it's playing catch up with the DVR. But when I do work on the bigger pieces I usually have my disc man on.

By Blogger Bastet, at 6/12/2006 5:49 PM  

I love to peek inside other people's homes. :D The stitching paraphernalia does seem to pile up around my stitching chair too!

By Blogger Von, at 6/12/2006 11:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home